Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

have anyone change the front sprocket? For the type of roads we have here in the Canary Islands (technical sharp turns) this bikes feels very tall on gears and I think would be a bit better to drop one tooth on front sprocket. Just curious about experience of somebody who did this?

Cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went the opposite way I change it to a 44 rear sprocket to make it more Street oriented bike and it did the trick the lower gearings are too aggressive because it's more off road type. You can add one teeth to the front sprocket also but I think it will be too tight there is not much room left on the front. You can use the panigale 899 rear sprockets.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eduardo, for us, we barely use 5,6th gear here in the islands, so it feels “slow” or the response is not same as for example Tenere 7 with more or less same power engine.. I think for our purpose the best is to put down 1teeth to 14t, and we will see. I already asked mechanic in Ducati to mount there one when the bike will be due for service.

I will for sure let forum know how it is :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh ok yeah that will work great for you. Removing one teeth it's easy because it's a smaller front sprocket so it will fit perfect. It cost about 20 USD on Amazon and you can change it yourself no special tools needed. just remove the sprocket cover with the Allen key supplied in the Ducati tool box remove another two screws from the sprocket and it came right out. And put the new back in it's a 5 minutes job. I had to change the bracket also because it had almost 20,000 km on it. But it's extremely cheap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're bike has hydraulic clutch you hace two unscrew it two it's another two bolts more you don't have to empty the oil or anything. The torque on the screws it's too light I think 5 n.m. I put blue lock Tite on the screws and screw till it stop don't try to screw Really hard or the bolts will break

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did it on a sixty2 and it improved city rideability greatly.

Not sure about the 800 but no major issues on top end either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts