Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 mm spindle runs through axle
20170914_101826_resized.jpg
20170914_101838_resized.jpg
20170914_153037_resized.jpg
20170914_101826_resized.jpg
spindle hole and paddock forks support bike now , can clean , and adjust wheel now

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just bought the Abba Stand also, what are you using to go underneath the stand to get the clearance?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is interesting to see so many posts about this topic here and elsewhere. Not sure what the deal is with choosing a stand. I happened to have this cheap Trackside stand you can get at most Cycle Gear locations (U.S. only I presume) in stock. I use the rubber supports, which slip right under the back of the swing arm to make it quick and easy to get up, and handy when removing the rear wheel.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
30 bucks at HF, and some pipe I had laying around.

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

They come with regular pickups for under the swingarm, so if needed you can use these to remove the rear wheel. They don't feel very stable to me with the shape of the swingarm so when I'm not removing the wheel I rather use it with a pipe through the axle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

Yes, that's what I'm using - a bit of trial and error to start with. My first plinth wasn't thick enough and the second too thick - about right now.
Abba used my bike for the measurements about 7 or 8 months ago. Are you using the cable ties to hold the pegs back or have you managed to use anything else.
By the way where are you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts