Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all bike stands the same or bike specific? I have a single garage and I'm thinking I could benefit with a pair of stands to maneuver around and behind the car.

Any brands that stick out that fit the desert sled (2018) or is this the sort of thing where anything will do. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use an Abba stand with their 'moto glide' wheels - as long as the floor is reasonably even (the wheels are rather small), it's easy to manoeuvre my Icon within a garage shared with a car. It looks as if you'd need an extra piece - the base plinth - for the Desert Sled, though. Only other 'drawback' is that the footpegs have to be wedged up so they don't foul the stand when you lift it on - mine came with metal widgets to do this. Once you have the stand, you can buy kits to convert it for pretty much any bike if you subsequently change. See Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands USA

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use an Abba stand with their 'moto glide' wheels - as long as the floor is reasonably even (the wheels are rather small), it's easy to manoeuvre my Icon within a garage shared with a car. It looks as if you'd need an extra piece - the base plinth - for the Desert Sled, though. Only other 'drawback' is that the footpegs have to be wedged up so they don't foul the stand when you lift it on - mine came with metal widgets to do this. Once you have the stand, you can buy kits to convert it for pretty much any bike if you subsequently change. See Motorcycle Equipment - Abba Stands USA
I have an Abba stand and moto glide. Tell them you have a DS and they will include spacer washers for the wheels which will raise the bike to a good height.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input. It seems as though it's not as straightforward as it is with other bikes. I'll be looking into the ones you've all mentioned. That's again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts