Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, i have the manual stock for road it's 8 on preload 8 on rebound and 7 in compression. I notice this noise. It's normal?
It's a brand new 2019 desert sled with no mods and just 1,600 km just on road driving.

Please help

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk
Normal

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally I have my desert sled 2019 suspension settings right
I'm 1.75 and weight 75kg.
Front fork :
Compression :10 clicks out
Dampening : 6 clicks out
Preload: 8 full turns from fully uncompressed.

Rear shock:

Dampening : 1 turn from soft
Preload: 19 mm from base to spring.

I tested in tarmac and gravel and it behaves beautiful. You can fast corner, dragg knee and also fells smooth off road. The bumps seems less bumpy and you can control it better at high speeds.

I recommend to do this settings after the suspension has break down a little after 1,500 km or so.

I gather a lot of information from experts including the book total control from Lee Parks and mechanics from 3 different dealerships and 2 professional riders.

The sag was rear 62 mm, front 72. 33% from both front and rear.

If you're weight is more say 90kg. Without equipment or you're riding two up you can add 3 turns from front preload and 3 mm from rear shock. For going more heavy in off road give half a turn on rear shock dampening and 2 clicks out from front dampening.

Try it out and let my know if you like it more than stock.

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there,
i got my DS yesterday (brand new 2018 model) and hated the setup the bike came with.
I drove the first 50km at around 5°C and the bike had 4km at delivery. I think thats why it was way too hard in the Dampening.

My Setup i'm happy with for now ( at 75kg):

Front fork :
Compression :10 clicks out
Dampening : 8 clicks out
Preload: 7 full turns from fully uncompressed. (around 30% from full travel)

Rear shock:
Dampening : 1,5 turns from fully closed
Preload: 3cm static SAG + 3,5cm with Driver (around 32,5% from full travel)

I noticed the static SAG front and rear is really high, it should be around 5-10% , it is more like 15% now.
Maybe a linear spring could change that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Punica would you be so kind as to tell us the pre load measurement from the thread top to the spring top on the rear shock (the same measurement they use in the manual) I too hate the initial sett up and have a new 2018 bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey OldMan, no problem, i‘m not home for the weekend, but will grab the caliper as soon as i can.

But i would recommend you to measure your personal SAG, with the weight you travel with, to get the best results.
Here is a good video that explains how to do it :

·
Registered
8 Posts
Punica would you be so kind as to tell us the pre load measurement from the thread top to the spring top on the rear shock (the same measurement they use in the manual) I too hate the initial sett up and have a new 2018 bike.
Exactly 20mm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks so much Punica! I have not adjusted mine yet because I cannot undo the lock nut. Ducati only give you one spanner and it is made out of cheese so have ordered a couple of proper C spanners. Thanks for your help...Happy Riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My pleasure.
To undo the lock nut you have to completely unload the shock. Simply pull the bike over the side stand while standing on the left side of the bike. Maybe with the help of a second person for the first time. A better /longer C spanner can help but you have to use a lot more force than necessary. If the nuts are welded together by time and dirt you can use a piece of wood or plastic and a hammer to overcome the friction. But please unload the spring first.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts