Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Desert sled too small for 6'4" frame?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my M endorsement for 2 years thanks for Harley's expert marketing...I'm looking to get my first bike soon.

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices. The Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled orrr a Victory HighBall. RIP Victory.

I have test rode both bikes. Fell in love with both. Especially the Victory. Perfect on power and comfortability.

Then I test rode the Ducati and fell in love with it. My only concern is being 6'4" and slightly wide from my college football days...is the Ducati too small? It felt decently comfortable during the test ride and would be ideal for living downtown Chicago.

I'm torn between the two bikes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ride on.

Mike

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and the Desert Sled feels perfect for my frame. Seat to peg distance could be a bit cramped for a 6'4" guy, although Ducati does offer a taller seat. Seat to bars distance (and the bar width!) could actually be very good for you!

I'd say, take a test ride on one!

Small it is not

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've had my M endorsement for 2 years thanks for Harley's expert marketing...I'm looking to get my first bike soon.

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices. The Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled orrr a Victory HighBall. RIP Victory.

I have test rode both bikes. Fell in love with both. Especially the Victory. Perfect on power and comfortability.

Then I test rode the Ducati and fell in love with it. My only concern is being 6'4" and slightly wide from my college football days...is the Ducati too small? It felt decently comfortable during the test ride and would be ideal for living downtown Chicago.

I'm torn between the two bikes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ride on.

Mike
If you've tested both bikes then what kind of advice are you needing ? The two bikes are at opposite ends of the scale.
My advice is to buy both, if you can't do that then I don't envy you having to decide because buyers remorse is bound to come whatever one you choose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and the Desert Sled feels perfect for my frame. Seat to peg distance could be a bit cramped for a 6'4" guy, although Ducati does offer a taller seat. Seat to bars distance (and the bar width!) could actually be very good for you!

I'd say, take a test ride on one!

Small it is not
Thanks max. I have ridden one at a dealer. It was awesome I loved it. Only concern was it was a little tight for my legs not ideal for long rides. And it physically looks small from a third person view. Maybe I need to rent it for a day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you mean when you write "long rides"? I love the sled for around town or for 200+ mile day rides in the country. But I have a larger enduro style bike for my 2000+ mile multi day trips. I'm 6'1" 180#

Like the other guy said, buy both:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am 6'3" 250Lbs and feel very comfortable on my Sled. It is a secondary bike, so I am not touring on it, but feels great as a commuter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts