Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Kriega 20L Drypack onto my 2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled. I've been doing a lot of commuting on the Desert Sled and have been looking to do some more adventure touring. Really liked the look of this set-up and figured it also afforded me the ability to use a 10L pack for my commute as well. Install was pretty easy - only hard part was looping in the two back loops through the rear sub-frame.

Here are a few pictures of the packs and my first tour with the full set-up. Also have a 1 Gal. tank (RotopaX) installed on a Hepco & Becker tail rack and a Dart Classic Fly Screen installed.

Reactions: drwalrus

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool set-up. On longer rides the pack can act as a back rest. I rode from San Diego to Terlingua (TX) on my Multistrada Enduro, which I just got rid of for a Desert Sled....got tired of over 600 /lbs wet/loaded. I had the panniers on the Multi and strapped a Tourtech dry bag on the seat behind me. Not a real backrest, but when doing any mileage it is great to be able to lean back. Are you planning any panniers for your sled?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@YeOldeFart Oh geez 600 lbs seems like so much.. I don't think I could handle that. I think I will be looking into some panniers eventually but not anytime soon. I would love to get into some longer trips on the Desert Sled but unfortunately there isn't really any time for it at the moment. I will say though the Kriega packs did offer a nice little backrest!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts