Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting a Zard Zuma for my Desert Sled. I checked some topics here at the forum and it looks like some think that I would need to do a bit of changes to the ECU before or when I install the exhaust.

Does anyone use Zard Zuma on their Sleds? Did you all make this ECU update or can I trust the text on Zard homege?

"THE INSTALLATION OF ZARD EXHAUST DOES NOT IMPLY ANY MODIFICATION TO ECU. THE BOX INCLUDES ALL PARTS FOR THE FITMENT OF ZARD EXHAUST."

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm happy with Zard Zuma (omologated and brushed). It nice looking, lightweight and good sounding muffler. No ECU change was made.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm happy with Zard Zuma (omologated and brushed). It nice looking, lightweight and good sounding muffler. No ECU change was made.
Cool :)

Still can't understand why some say that it needs a ECU change. Does your bike run lean? The engine should run warm if you don't use a fuel injection controller.
Isn't it a way to measure this? Lambda?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I opted for the Arrow titanium no cat. This better works with ECU upgrade or additional module. Would suggest the Rapid Bike plug n play that has auto learning routine.
Looks great could you post a vid of the sound baffle in, baffle out cheers. Did you run the Rexxer remap with the Arrow?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just so I get this right. You install the arrow and an rexxer unit. When you go for the control of the bike or service of the bike you put the stock exhaust back and remove the rexxer? Can you just put the arrow and rexxer unit back on without any programing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just so I get this right. You install the arrow and an rexxer unit. When you go for the control of the bike or service of the bike you put the stock exhaust back and remove the rexxer? Can you just put the arrow and rexxer unit back on without any programing?
As I understand it its a rexxer remap (programme) not unit. No need to revert for service more that you make them aware that its installed so that they don't reinstall the original map. If you put the original stock exhaust back on you should reinstall the original map as it will require different fueling for the CAT etc. One thing to consider is warranty. Whilst the Arrow and Rexxer map work fine its not underwritten by Ducati (homogenised I think they call it), therefore if something goes pop with the motor they would probably try to argue its something to do with the aftermarket can/map even though most likely it wasn't. You would have to prove this which could prove difficult and costly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I understand it its a rexxer remap (programme) not unit. No need to revert for service more that you make them aware that its installed so that they don't reinstall the original map. If you put the original stock exhaust back on you should reinstall the original map as it will require different fueling for the CAT etc. One thing to consider is warranty. Whilst the Arrow and Rexxer map work fine its not underwritten by Ducati (homogenised I think they call it), therefore if something goes pop with the motor they would probably try to argue its something to do with the aftermarket can/map even though most likely it wasn't. You would have to prove this which could prove difficult and costly.
Maybe I should wait 3 years so the engine guarantee isnt valid anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also went with an Arrow Ti Racking exhaust with no cat. My Ducati dealer said it didn't affect my warranty because they were the ones doing the Rexxer map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts