Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hey folks, I just wheeled my bone stock Desert Sled onto the bench and this is the last time you’ll see her this way. My goal is to build a purpose-built Baja adventure bike for an upcoming trip I've got planned for life after the pandemic. Below is the ever-growing list of mods I have planned:
  • Unit Garage Fuoriluogo Kit (Fuel Tank, Seat, Exhaust, Side Panels, Tool Box, and more)
  • Ohlins FKA 109 Adventure Cartridge Kit and STX46 rear shock
  • Bark Busters Hand Guards
  • G2 Throttle Tube
  • Domino Dakar Grips
  • ASV Levers
  • SW-Motech Footrest Kit
  • CRG Foldable Bar End Mirrors
  • Dart Flyscreen
  • Hepco & Becker Oil Cooler Guards
  • Evotech Oil Cooler & Rectifier Guards
  • New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator
  • Rotopax Fuel Containers and Some Way to Mount Them
  • Kriega Bags and Some Way to Mount Them
  • Bash Guard (TBD)
  • Auxiliary Lights (TBD)
Some Photos of the Unit Garage Kit

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like their website is being refreshed, but you can check them out here: G2 Ergonomics

The specific product I bought was the "G2 Street Competition Quick Turn Throttle - Ducati - Scrambler"

The reason is that the newer Desert Sleds have a throttle tube that is not very responsive due to the cam shape. This should pep things up a bit and G2 sells different cam sizes for this tube so you can personalize to your taste. I'll post more info when I do the installation.

What are the G2 throttle tubes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds good. I can also sell you my stock one as it seems Ducati created this version in response to feedback like yours. Let's stay in touch.

I would appreciate an update! I have a '15 Icon and I have the opposite problem. I need it smoother off the get go, its grabby as it stands. But 80 bucks for that piece hurts to think about.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds good. I can also sell you my stock one as it seems Ducati created this version in response to feedback like yours. Let's stay in touch.
I was thinking the same. Ill be posting mine up for sale once I do the swap. I got the ECU tuned and put a freeflow exhaust now the throttle tube next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts