Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
From time to time, I see folks ask how to remove stickers, regulatory labels from their Ducati. As I work on my Scrambler build, I thought I’d throw together a quick “how to” including removal and a way to preserve the stickers in case you ever need to reapply them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From time to time, I see folks ask how to remove stickers, regulatory labels from their Ducati. As I work on my Scrambler build, I thought I’d throw together a quick “how to” including removal and a way to preserve the stickers in case you ever need to reapply them.

Pro trick and I don't remember where I saw this, but red 3m 1080 vinyl applied over those stickers hides them pretty well. Some of my frame stickers started peeling off on their own after a while it looks awful.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Watched that this morning, really great video! I'll probably do this for my bike too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Considering it. Alex is a friend of mine and I've been chatting with him about it. I’m sure I will do it eventually.
Interestingly, the guys that did the souped up pair for that desert race took it off and now run it stock. Too clunky in anything but flat out riding. All the riding I do in Victoria is not desert so the stock setup works really well. Looks like you pockets are nice a deep with that list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interestingly, the guys that did the souped up pair for that desert race took it off and now run it stock. Too clunky in anything but flat out riding. All the riding I do in Victoria is not desert so the stock setup works really well. Looks like you pockets are nice a deep with that list.
Hi Memla,
I contacted the guys that made the bash plate for the Fast House sled's that were raced in the Mint 400. They want US$650 for one. Then there will be shipping on top. Not sure if I'd go with. I thought I'd prefer to have one made locally that I'd be sure that will fit.
Cheers,
Denny

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Memla,
I contacted the guys that made the bash plate for the Fast House sled's that were raced in the Mint 400. They want US$650 for one. Then there will be shipping on top. Not sure if I'd go with. I thought I'd prefer to have one made locally that I'd be sure that will fit.
Cheers,
Denny
Looked a real good one Den however of critical concern is where do you hook it up to. I got one from England at a much cheaper price however I had to fabricate some brackets to hook it up to something solid (which isn't much). Those Mint 400 bikes ended up ditching the plate as it added too much weight to the whole thing. I also got the Hepco becker protectors (not shown here) so all up have protection. Not sure it it saves weight or your better off with the Mint setup. Mine has taken a bashing (3mm aluminium) and I can jack it up on the plate so it is nice and flat underneath.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looked a real good one Den however of critical concern is where do you hook it up to. I got one from England at a much cheaper price however I had to fabricate some brackets to hook it up to something solid (which isn't much). Those Mint 400 bikes ended up ditching the plate as it added too much weight to the whole thing. I also got the Hepco becker protectors (not shown here) so all up have protection. Not sure it it saves weight or your better off with the Mint setup. Mine has taken a bashing (3mm aluminium) and I can jack it up on the plate so it is nice and flat underneath. View attachment 46396
Hi Memla,
Thanks for the reply, it looks good. Which company did you get the bash plate from? And how much was it? The engine is a stress member for the frame of the bike, so there should be some places to be able to attach the plate.
I noticed you have an after market gear lever, looks like a SW Motec. Did you MX boot not fit under the lever? I had to do the same. But still have to do a slight adjustment for my MX boot compared to a road boot.
Cheers,
Den

·
Registered
23 Posts
See screen shot of supplier I made those stays on the front and the one underneath the engine. The gear lever is SW Memla, cut the end off the bolted an end section off an old DR 400 folding lever and works a treat and only cost me $7.00 compared to $240. I am only a little guy so I made it to suit my 42 MX boots. Bespoke - yes, functional - definitely, pretty - ummmmm...no.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Memla,
Thanks for the reply, it looks good. Which company did you get the bash plate from? And how much was it? The engine is a stress member for the frame of the bike, so there should be some places to be able to attach the plate.
I noticed you have an after market gear lever, looks like a SW Motec. Did you MX boot not fit under the lever? I had to do the same. But still have to do a slight adjustment for my MX boot compared to a road boot.
Cheers,
Den

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I just discovered these guys last week. You can pick it up on their website for £159.99 which seems like a steel. Direct Link to Their Website

@MEMLA - I assume this is the same one. Can you tell me more about the brackets you had to fabricate? The first question I had to the owner of the company was how they mount to the bike as it doesn't look like they are attached at any really strong mounting points.

Hi Memla,
Cheers,
Den

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Lots of gratuitous angle grinder sparks to come in the next video. Working on the edit, so it should be ready soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just discovered these guys last week. You can pick it up on their website for £159.99 which seems like a steel. Direct Link to Their Website

@MEMLA - I assume this is the same one. Can you tell me more about the brackets you had to fabricate? The first question I had to the owner of the company was how they mount to the bike as it doesn't look like they are attached at any really strong mounting points.

View attachment 46398

View attachment 46398
That is the one Maurice. I just cut up some 3mm aluminium and created stays which are bolted to where the rectifier is. Then there is one really strong mounting point underneath the engine that I could find so I refashioned a zinc plated steel shelf bracket as a connector which really braced it well. Excuse the dodgy shift lever however it operates exceedingly well and no more broken pivot pins (and cheap as chips).
IMG_1877.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nice, thanks! Looks like one of the better ones out there and especially for the price. The Mint 400 one looks bullet proof, but it's a lot of $$$.

That is the one Maurice. I just cut up some 3mm aluminium and created stays which are bolted to where the rectifier is. Then there is one really strong mounting point underneath the engine that I could find so I refashioned a zinc plated steel shelf bracket as a connector which really braced it well. Excuse the dodgy shift lever however it operates exceedingly well and no more broken pivot pins (and cheap as chips).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah the Mint is a ripper but too pricey for me. I have had it smashed by rocks which dented it but it protected the crankcase so it has earned its keep. Made out of 3mm aluminium like most are.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Got the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator kit installed. As per usual, their standard kit comes with LED turn signals and all plug and play wiring included. I decided to keep the stock turn signals, which requires the use of the stock fender frame (you get rid of this entirely when using the full New Rage Cycles Kit). Because I needed to keep half of it, a proper tail chop needed to be done. Video of the install below:

41 - 60 of 60 Posts