Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose so. The T Scrambler is so loaded with features.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yeah, the DS is quite an agile bike. I suspect the Triumph to feel more sluggish and stable in the twisties.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ducati Scrambler Icon was the fastest turning motorbike and stable at the same time...I've ever ridden. Without cornering abs without leaning traction control. The Ducati Scrambler line is not all about style and looks as many tend to believe. Ducati make great chassis...You can't ride slow on a Ducati...no matter how cautious rider you are.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Similar HP and 40lbs heavier than the 1100 Scrambler. Probably a good bike (lots of features), but my Icon has plenty of power for me and I don't want any more weight. Might entice Ducati to create a 1100 DS.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, Triumph only stated the dry weight of the T SCR XE. It'll be heavier than Ducati's SCR DS. I wondered how much it'll weight when changing the exhaust system. I love Zard's! (Prolly not much a diff)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Triumph always quote dry weight. I always assumed it was because the engine and gearbox is sooooo much heavier than Edward Turner's 1930's design that they try so hard to fake and they knew it. Yes it has more power but we have better metallurgy available now. No excuse. Lazy engineering because I expect they figured the Yanks love heavy, ill handling bikes and that was the biggest market. No offence intended to my American colonial cousins .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a hp/torque:weight ratio comparison the other day b/t the standard Ducati Scrambler 800 and the Triumph Scrambler 1200. If I remember correctly, the icon actually has a slight advantage in the hp:weight ratio; the Triumph had nearly a 25% advantage in the torque:weight ratio.

I'm with many of you in that I'd anticipate a lazier feeling motorcycle (but more planted) in the handling department, mostly due to the wheels, long-travel suspension, and additional weight. I'd still give it a go! Electronic cruise control AND heated grips would be cool....can't imagine getting it muddy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But neither have one of the most important features that I need: stealth mode. I press the button, make myself invisible to cops and forest ranger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts