Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear community,
I live in a place where there are NO service center and dealer: Cambodia.
There use to be a dealer but shut down. Now trouble is... I need to do the DESMO service because my Scrambly is at 39K km. Recently the Bike started to stop when left idle, initially i thought that could have been an air filter problem, I cleaned the same, but trouble appeared again.
Moreover the odo started flashing ENGINE ! multiple times hence really had to stop.
Is out there somebody who could help me in two things:

1 - DESMO TOOL RENTAL (already wrote to Welcome but they won't ship out of USA)
2 - Understanding what could be wrong if bike doesn't keep the minimum idle position (could it be the valve adjustment? could it be the belt tensioners? something else?)

I thank everyone who is taking time to read my trouble and give me some sort of solution. Needless to say that am willing to pay full courier cost for any shipping and rental cost of tools.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,
I guess you already contacted all local riders groups and small garages specialized in big bikes?
Nobody will rent diagnostic tools with international shipping, risk is too high.. If your bike is properly registered, wait for borders to open and ship it to HCMC (find in a truck to the border, walk the bike across the border, arrange transportation to HCMC), you'll get certified service by people who have all the right tools, all the right spare parts, and know what they are doing :)
Valentin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I guess you already contacted all local riders groups and small garages specialized in big bikes?
Nobody will rent diagnostic tools with international shipping, risk is too high.. If your bike is properly registered, wait for borders to open and ship it to HCMC (find in a truck to the border, walk the bike across the border, arrange transportation to HCMC), you'll get certified service by people who have all the right tools, all the right spare parts, and know what they are doing :)
Valentin
Hi Valentin, Thanks for the reply, I wish was so simple. Entering in Vietnam from Cambodia with a big displacement bike is virtually impossible without lengthy (to obtain) and expensive (800$) permits in normal time, let alone the situation of covid 19 with borders shut.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Valentin
Unless yo know the way of letting my bike in, please suggest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rexxer units will read the error codes, and will turnoff the service indicator. They cost about NZ$1000- but maybe you could see if someone your way has a Rexxer that you could hire. That is the only unit I have ever heard of that will work on a scrambler. You could contact them to ask if it will do what you require, as they are good to talk to, and if it will do what you need, then they cost may be worth buying one anyway, and be cheaper than your other options.
email:
[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rexxer units will read the error codes, and will turnoff the service indicator. They cost about NZ$1000- but maybe you could see if someone your way has a Rexxer that you could hire. That is the only unit I have ever heard of that will work on a scrambler. You could contact them to ask if it will do what you require, as they are good to talk to, and if it will do what you need, then they cost may be worth buying one anyway, and be cheaper than your other options.
email:
[email protected]
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I do not think I am ready to buy a Rexxer machine for that money considering that I'm not at all experienced. I posted a video here:

In your opinion is this directly connected to the valve adjustment or the Belt timing (tensioners loose or worn out)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts