Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

should the rear brake reservoir have a diaphragm or not? Like a rubber harmonica thingy between the fluid and the cap?

004.JPG

I tried searching online in the parts fiche, but I can't find it. Just the reservoir, and the screw-on cap. Neither do they show up in pictures of a genuine Brembo rear brake reservoir.

BR10444650.jpg

Could you check your bike? does it have one, or not?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wait never mind.

When I got my DS last year, the reservoir was half filled with that diaphragm. Visibly.

I had a recall done on the rear brake last week and it looked gone since. I just opened it to take a better look, it’s there.

Apparently they made a mistake in the factory because it was “flapped” open before, making it bigger and visible from the outside.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
734 Posts
did search, almost all plastic rear brake reservoir are basically as the one you posted, unless you buy an aluminum brake reservoir which come wit "O" rings

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey people,

should the rear brake reservoir have a diaphragm or not? Like a rubber harmonica thingy between the fluid and the cap?

View attachment 30257

I tried searching online in the parts fiche, but I can't find it. Just the reservoir, and the screw-on cap. Neither do they show up in pictures of a genuine Brembo rear brake reservoir.

View attachment 30249

Could you check your bike? does it have one, or not?
Yes, it should have the diaphragm. Brake fluid is hygroscopic and will absorb water from the air. The diaphragm is there to seal the fluid from the air and will expand as necessary as the fluid goes down.
Unfortunately, it does not appear to be available as a separate part from neither Ducati nor Brembo and you have to buy the whole reservoir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts