Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving around mid morning on Sunday, and I saw a Yellow Icon at the 7 Eleven in The Gap, QLD.
Rider was in all black riding gear. Bike looked stock apart from the bags.
We followed him for a short while, but then he turned off before i could next to him to ask
It had 2 leather side bags/panniers - really would love to know what make these bags are.
They looked great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That was me, heading home from my usual Sunday morning ride out to Somerset for breakfast then home via Glorious and the Gap.
The bags are converted bicycle saddlebags and fake leather worse luck. Here's a link:

Selle Monte Grappa Borsa Cruiser Leatherette Pannier Bags- Pair Planet X

Unstitched all the bicycle bits and ended up with 2 separate bags and made my own mounts. They hook over some straight tube at the top that is bracketed to the under seat bolts and then held by a bolt to a plate mounted near the pillion pegs. Hard to explain and I don't have any pics. Worked well and the only problem was the right pannier gets hot, hot enough for it to melt the plastic coating on the pleather on my first ride with them. That'll be a problem for anyone fitting bigger panniers on the right though, I just put some aluminium tape over it.

I actually just took them and the mounts off today, going back to the naked look for a while.

Catch up with you blokes for a ride one of these days.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc,
I was wondering about the heat issue, and being pleather, I think I'll give them a miss.
They do look good on your bike, nice and slim.
I live near that 7 Eleven (back onto Mt Nebo road), so might see you some sunday/weekend.

I went for a ride with Smifff Saturday, we both commented we should organise a ride for all Brisbane based (goldy and sunshine coast if they are interested) riders.

Keep an eye out - in about a month or so when winter sports finish (kids), and it's warmed up a little for an early start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts