Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this here as a reference for anyone, if you want to add other brands just comment them to the thread and I can edit this in.

These have been weighed with a kitchen food scale, so its not calibrated but it should give you a close idea.
BrandFrontRear
Galfer1496g828g
OEM/Brembo2126g897g

Recently upgraded to Galfer rotors, not a huge weight savings but the braking improvement and the looks are great.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Posting this here as a reference for anyone, if you want to add other brands just comment them to the thread and I can edit this in.

These have been weighed with a kitchen food scale, so its not calibrated but it should give you a close idea.
BrandFrontRear
Galfer1496g828g
OEM/Brembo2126g897g

Recently upgraded to Galfer rotors, not a huge weight savings but the braking improvement and the looks are great.

View attachment 45365
I hope that you didn't go for a ride with the hex head socket still there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You measured any thickness difference between stock and Galfer?
Thickness was the same but had some caliper/rim clearance issues due to the WAVE shape and also switching to 17" wheels at the same time, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I had to remove the caliper to install the wheel.

I also installed the Galfer HH Sintered Ceramic (1375) Pads and after break-in they brake very well! When they're up to temperature they almost "sing" when you brake hard, very satisfying sound. :LOL:

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I can imagine. Even with 320mm rotors it's a bit of a hassle with a 17" front wheel. On my Vitpilen 701 I have to spread the brake pads in the caliper before I can take the caliper off, and only then I can take the front wheel out. Your rotor is even bigger...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’ve made an enquiry about the galfer discs and been recommended I go with as solid rear rotor rather than the 2 piece (floating?)
The recommendation was that I should swap like for like.
any thoughts or experience?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I’ve made an enquiry about the galfer discs and been recommended I go with as solid rear rotor rather than the 2 piece (floating?)
The recommendation was that I should swap like for like.
any thoughts or experience?

The rear traditionally does not get used as heavily as the front so it does not have to cater for the temperature extremes. Unless you are totally hung up about looks or weight saving I would be inclined to stay with the standard unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts