Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4392BAC7-3694-4F1B-9FAF-79C9D6C925A1.jpeg
DF528B2E-6DEB-421F-867D-EE86F38C12E1.jpeg
Not sure if this is normal but had my bike serviced recently and I am pretty sure the brake fluid was more transparent than this. Got over 2000 kilometres on it and it is cloudy is this normal for the fluid to change? Hopefully the pictures can show this. Guilty not very mechanically inclined don’t recall any other bikes brake fluid being discoloured.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Could be totally fine, but to my untrained eye it looks like gel is building up, I wouldn't trust it either.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That look’s either extremely aerated (by shaking the bottle) 1st year apprentice mistake or it’s full of moisture. I’d change it even if it’s just for looks.
The golden rule I use is the ‘oochafckr’ effect. If you get the oochafckr and take a second look then there’s something wrong, whether it’s corrosion, brake fluid or tyres etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That fluid is definitely suspect. Changing brake fluid costs 5 dollars and takes 5 minutes, do it.

Reactions: JohnnyL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys the dealership changed it out at first service and the bike was new out of the crate but was a 2018 so they said they changed the fluid out. Seems discoloured way different than the other bikes in my short time I have owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts