Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
I’m surprised the total distance traveled is hard coded in non volatile memory and should not be able to be adjusted for legal reasons in many countries. Are you 100% sure about the distance prior to doing the battery disconnect?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m surprised the total distance traveled is hard coded in non volatile memory and should not be able to be adjusted for legal reasons in many countries. Are you 100% sure about the distance prior to doing the battery disconnect?
yes 100%. i was already getting quotes to get 10k service done soon. theres no way its only 7400'ish total as i was constantly eyeing my mileage as it got closer to 10,000.

very weird!

i thought that maybe it was in the wrong unit measure, but 7400 in miles is nearly 12k in kilometers, and i definitely have not ridden it that much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing. Is it still reading KM or has it changed back to miles?
yes that was my first guess. but then i calculated that 7400 miles is 12000km, and thats definitely not correct either. but yes its set in KM right now cause i can see my speedometer and everything in KM.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yes I realised that the conversion was wrong but 10,000km should be around 6000 miles but I just thought it was worth checking. That is weird and somewhat concerning to be honest if the total miles can be reset easily it raises all sorts of issues in the secondhand market.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ignore this thread. Total user error!!! I confused the mileage with my ducati with my other bike. Everything is great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts