Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2018 0 km scrambler classic in sao paulo and on my second trip the display went nuts with all possible lights flashing and speedometer gone. The bike needed a longer break (stopped to eat lunsj on my way home) before the display became back to normal. Has anybody heard about this problem before?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bought a 2018 0 km scrambler classic in sao paulo and on my second trip the display went nuts with all possible lights flashing and speedometer gone. The bike needed a longer break (stopped to eat lunsj on my way home) before the display became back to normal. Has anybody heard about this problem before?
Follow up: The fault repeated itsef on the third trip of use and this time the bike would not start after. After 10 days in a workshop I could pick up the bike again, with their insurance the fault was taken care of. However they were not able to give me any logical explanation of what they had done to resolve the problem and has refused to give me a work report. Everybody involved in this sale and repair has gone silent. The good news is that the bike has been tested properly for 2 weeks now and working excellent so they definitely have done something to make this fault go away. I have concluded this fault is known by ducati and that they dont want it to be published. Regarding the repair I can just note they have cut up parts of the wiringhose going up to the display/steeringpart of the bike and it seems they have pulled in an extra pair of wires there, but this I can not confirm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts