Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me at 183 cm the stock seat is definitively too low, ears between knees :applause:
Riding solo 95% including commute (17000 km now)
Mustang, Sargent and so on for my eye too fat and too wide in the end
Owned and loved once upon a time a Laverda 750 with a Giuliari race single seat

In short: I decided to built my own single racing seat.
I used the stock seat turned around covered with kitchen foil as a mold for fiberglass/epoxy first layer. Added then two layers on the outside. Worked like a charme, some detail mods required for a good fit.

Bought hard foam for cycle seat upholtstery and a cover for a CB500 1970s Giuliari seat.

Cut the foam with a large knife into my preferred shape. For the banana view I had to sew a halfmoon across the cover to make it shorter on the seating area.
Thats how it looks now. No more knee bends! Need to rework/stretch the rear to get the wrinkles out. Any ideas how to get the Ducati letters on the back end vinyl?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not seeing it, but most folks think my luggage rack and tail bag take away from the looks. To each it's own. The main thing is to enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a little harsh. Yes, it does have some wrinkles, but the lay up of the base was nicely done for a home job.

Suggest OP checks out this thread:

2 upholstery tricks i learned the hard way - FiberGlassics® Forums - fiberglassics.com
Thanks for the link to the tricks! Cover is only fixed provisionally for adjusting the foam height after some test rides. Think I can get the wrinkles out in the final fix. And the seating is super comfy for me, maybe even a tad too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts