Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Do you follow the 12k km/7500 mi oil schedule?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone actually follow the 800's recommended 12000km/7500 mile oil change interval? It seems like quite a long interval, especially with an air cooled motor. What's your normal schedule? If anybody does change every 12k km, how does your bike feel before and after a change? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ah, I always have followed manufacturers guidelines for servicing BUT just recently did the oil myself so I might just put it in for a check-up when the bike reaches 3 years old and needs its first service.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What does your oil look like after 6000km? Does it look like it needed to be changed?
It's not green anymore, more like brownish but nothing scary if the manual said 12,000 km then it means it can perfectly hold this long.

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
How much are you all paying for your oil changes? The recommended Motul must be made with baby seal placenta fluid, it's so expensive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here in the US, Advance Auto Parts has 1 liter bottles of Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 for $13 in the shelf.

Supposedly the same stuff as the Ducati branded unicorn tears in a bottle.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If the manufacturer recommends it then that is what is required full stop end of story. Unless you have inside information into the current capabilities of the recommended oil then assume that the engine manufacturer has sorted the requirements and is comfortable with the specifications that have been published.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Thai dealer tells me they recommend the 6,000k service interval here.
Probably a good idea since the engine feels like a barbecue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts