Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need luggage for my '18 new to me Desert Sled.
Does anyone have the Ducati branded side bags and seat bags and bag brackets? I've been searching for hours and can't find an actual photo of them on a bike. A real world review would be good as well. Also, trying to find out the size for the seat bag - the website doesn't list it.

SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, Ducati Scrambler Classic Side Bags Set

SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, BLACK SEALED SEAT BAG

To be honest, I prefer the rear racks that don't go over the seat. Too many choices out there for my feeble brain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @greenjeans - I have a 2020 DS with similar luggage. I spent ages reading & watching reviews for luggage and ended up choosing the Ducati Urban Enduro Waterproof luggage. While not exactly the same as the ones you're looking at, they use the same mounting brackets and I think are same dimensions; just different material. I've travelled about 1000KM off-road and 1000KM on-road with them since I bought them. They are made by GIVI, and in general, I really like them; the quality is good, the size is decent for a few nights away, the mounts are great and they clip on and off easily - and you can easily use a few straps between the two mounts to tie down a seat bag (I just bought an army surplus duffle bag for $30 and this does the trick).

Unfortunately, I've recently sent a complaint to Ducati about them and am waiting for reply. Both bags rub against the rear turn signals and it looks like I'm going to end up with a hole where they touch. This is super disappointing, given its a Ducati accessory and I bought them to avoid this kind of issue. Other than that though, they are awesome... If you don't mind buying some new rear turn signals to sort out the contact problem...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Need luggage for my '18 new to me Desert Sled.
Does anyone have the Ducati branded side bags and seat bags and bag brackets? I've been searching for hours and can't find an actual photo of them on a bike. A real world review would be good as well. Also, trying to find out the size for the seat bag - the website doesn't list it.

SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, Ducati Scrambler Classic Side Bags Set

SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, BLACK SEALED SEAT BAG

To be honest, I prefer the rear racks that don't go over the seat. Too many choices out there for my feeble brain.
I have used the Classic bags on my Icon. Good bags, but they fade real fast in the sun. I could see a major difference in color after only one month. The bag mount system is good and easy to use. There are probably better quality bags out there for similar money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts