Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 months ago I installed a zard racing exhaust system, but I did not do anything about the fuel map. Naturally it was running pretty bad. Lots of deceleration pop, choppy on low revs,.. usual stuff.

Well, lately I feel like something has changed. I get significantly less pop, and it runs smoother. I wouldn't say it runs great but definitely better than the first time I installed the exhaust. I don't know what to make of this. I know some people claim booster plug gets less effective over time with ECU learning. Is that what's happening here? Or maybe it's just the cold weather?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Makes sense, it could dial in some adjustment based on the feedback from the lambada sensor. Just like it would if the air filter gets clogged a little over time for instance.

I've heard the same happening to BMW's after installing a boosterplug like device.

Could also be YOU that had adjusted. :laugh:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with Max Kool that part of it will be you adapting. But the ECU does modify its adaption table under closed loop conditions, according to this article. It is pretty long so scroll down and start at the blue and green table for adaption.

BikeBoy.org - Fuel Injection – Open Loop and Closed Loop
That's a great article. thanks.

As I understand there is an adaption table that ECU uses for closed loop system. Being a commuter, I spent most of my time on closed loop range so the change is dramatic for me. Part of it could be me adapting too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts