Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Renazco seat from a member here. I had one one a KTM 950 Adventure in the past and know they’re very well made. This one is pretty tall which I’m hoping will help with knee pain I’ve been getting when riding the Scrambler. It’s also a little wider than stock and with the brown suede, it stands out. I rode around town with it a bit yesterday and it’s definitely more comfortable and offers more room to move around. Gonna get out for a real test today.

I’m sort of on the fence about the look. I think the suede and the color match the bike well but it’s huge and a bit of a shocking change from the stock seat. I think it may grow on me.

189AFF85-DB8B-4ADC-BE3F-6B18C0095E33.jpeg
F17C9ED8-3426-4B01-830E-2780AB43382A.jpeg
A6B62031-7867-4577-A7DD-EFE622F7E922.jpeg

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Strange? Suede (or actually rawhide) is used by many rally riders. It’s very comfortable.

it does get wet in the rain tho yes. There is a closed cell foam sheet underneath so the foam will stay dry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put 150 miles of twisties in with the seat. These days, that’s a long ride for me. Seat made a big difference in comfort and will make the bike more useable for me. That makes it a winner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I have to say that the seat does stand out, like a burning dwarf orange star on the back of your motorcycle stand out.

I also have to say that I am digging the texture, it seems like a fantastic thing to put your butt on for long periods of time.

Finally, I have to throw you a funny for the title, well played.

I look forward to seeing it in a few years after the environment and body weight and butt grease have left their own mark on the seat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It’s more brown than orange in person. It’s definitely growing on me.

“butt grease”. :lol

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
You should see that seat after one year of use in states like Arizona... I bet the patina and sunbleach will look wonderful!

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol, not my cup of tea.. but if its comfy.. knock yourself out.. i have a DS and do 60 miles a day commuting.. my seat sucks, ill tell you that right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My vinyl seat gets wet when it rains. ;)
I think it probably looks good if its a shade more brown than orange as you say. Sometimes colors dont come out true with digital media. I do see the potential though, once its covered in Butt Grease Patina*, and turns a bit more tobacco brown.

*good name for leather care product. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts