Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 796 Hypermoto but want a Ducati for just riding around. The Scrambler looks to be just the ticket. I like the colors of the Icon best but preliminary investigation has me convinced the seat on the Full Throttle is more comfy for long trips. If the yellow on the seat of the FT is the same as the Icon it is an easy move to make. Anyone know how close they are?

If they are not real close, I may go with the Urban Enduro. I have been a dirt biker for 30+ years and am a sucker for anything with a little bit of off-road in it.

Thanks.

NC

·
Registered
788 Posts
No, not really I'm afraid. The FT yellow is noticeably different. My FT was sat next to a Icon when I collected it and I remember noticing this.

I would like to point out though that the FT seat is 100% not more comfortable for long trips. I'm an idiot and I've also got a thing for matte black, so the FT it was.
The shaping of the FT seat forces your forward into one spot all the time which makes long distances hard work. It's the seat designed the most for short fun rides. It's gripper than the all leather ones and the sculpting keeps your forwards and upright. So it is probably the best for attacking roads.

On long rides I am constantly moving myself backwards and up the curve to try and give my... backside a break.

In my opinion the UE is the worst looking Scrambler and it seems to be the worst selling. The beak is a bit ungainly and somehow the army green paint doesn't compliment the bike. I would just get a Classic, add on the headlight guard and bash plate and the high termi if you're feeling flush. It will be much more of a head turner.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No doubt, the FT seat sucks ass. Exactly like Joooooooosh says. I can only handle about 50 miles and then I want to get off and walk around. Really disappointed with the seat. I'll be looking at a replacement, but still got a long wish list of parts that are more important to me right now. There is a "comfort" seat for $300 bones, but kind of pricey to me and bulky and ugly. Might consider getting a custom seat made, but if I do that I'm thinking redesigning the whole tail section. Anyways, the seat sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I put the full throttle seat on my Yellow Icon, I find it much more comfortable :) (can't go more than a 100 miles or so before it runs out of Juice )

Like I've said before , you guys need to pad out a little , eat more pies :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I rode the stores Icon for a day firstly with the standard seat and then with a seat from a FT and both my wife and myself found the FT seat to be a lot more comfortable.

Like ELVISTO says "100 miles and you stop to fill up".

Geoff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I sat on the full throttle at Goodwood festival of speed the other week, then hopped onto the Icon next it, and back and forth a few times and thought the seat was noticeably comfier on the FT than the icon.

Pity i have a red Icon though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
John I dropped two seats off at my friends shop yesterday one an FT seat to be re trimmed all black and the other to be remodelled in brown leather.

I see that you live close to me so when I've got it back I'll give you a call, ho btw where did you purchase the scrambler??

Geoff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey, I'll probably get my current seat remodeled as not going to the cost of buying an FT then recovering it etc.

I bought it from Millsport Ducati in N Ireland due to our company sponsoring their racing team for a couple of years, it was a big mistake as think they gave my bike ordered in Nov 14 to one of their other customers then realised they couldn't replace it as the next batch were sold out, meant I never got mine till the beginning of June 6 months later.....should have just gone to Duc Manchester for it like my last one as always got good service there.

·
Registered
831 Posts
John I dropped two seats off at my friends shop yesterday one an FT seat to be re trimmed all black and the other to be remodelled in brown leather.

I see that you live close to me so when I've got it back I'll give you a call, ho btw where did you purchase the scrambler??

Geoff.
Where abouts are you located
If near I wouldn't mind trying ur seat if poss. My icon seat is the pits! Have a piece of sheepskin on it does help quite a bit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the insight.

Surprised the Enduro is the least popular. I can see the front fender turning a lot of people off but as a dirt biker first, that is a selling point to me. Regarding color, I'd never own a car or anything in that military green. In addition, I normally want nothing to do with retro but in the case of the Scrambler, it all comes together nicely on that bike. I agree I can save some bucks by getting the Icon and adding the high mount aluminum fenders but since I'll be forgoing a 30-40 thousand dollar car, I don't mind spending a few extra bucks.

The high exhaust is ideal but I do want to be able to carry a bit of gear on the bike that is NOT in a backpack.

I'll head to my local dealer later today and see what they have.

NC

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's kinda hard to judge from this photo, but all three yellow pieces on my bike are different shades of yellow. I peeled the sticker of the flyscreen so all I got left are the seat and the tank.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's quite an "iconic full throttle" you got there! LOL. Looks like the front wind fairing thingy matches the seat color, and the tank color is different.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's kinda hard to judge from this photo, but all three yellow pieces on my bike are different shades of yellow. I peeled the sticker of the flyscreen so all I got left are the seat and the tank.

Did you leave off the front fairing on purposes? I ask because mine was actually not in the box when it got delivered so I had to wait a couple weeks for it to come in.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I don't think the different yellows are very noticeable :rolleyes:

Most of the scramblers I've seen have different shades of black/grey :D they look ok too ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts

The tank may be slightly off but I think it looks really good :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
129 Posts

Geoff.
Geoff, where's your friends shop, what's it called?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts