Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode over 100 miles in the pouring rain yesterday, mostly on country roads, and when I took the bike out today to wash it off I was stunned by the grit and crap on and around the rear shock! This must accelerate seal and rod wear?? I know you can buy neoprene shock sleeves for them, but as a make do I've wrapped some old inner tube around mine to keep the muck out. Hopefully it won't cause heat build up issues, but should make it last longer! I know you'll probably say the stock shock is so crap who cares, but I don't mind it :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know its not the style of bike to have a hugger but it certainly needs one, it just needs to blend in so lets see what comes along!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
A matter of style over practicality? My Monster 900i, ST2 and Multistrada 1000 DS all have huggers as standard. Scramblers have some limited off- tarmac capability - there are still some green lanes in the area in which Elvisto and I live - and I am amazed that no-one , according to the very helpful Alan at Woods, has any proposals to produce one. The Scrambler is not the first bike with a swinging arm of that shape, so it should not be too difficult to design one for it. Whilst I am a fair weather rider these days, I do not expect my Classic to avoid all road dirt, especially on the C class roads I ride most of the time, and I would like to make some effort to protect the underside of the seat, as well as the shock, although I will replace that with a Maxton or Nitron next year.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks, Dave S. I'll be in touch with Powerbronze today!

I've had R&G Shock covers on my ST2 and Multistrada 1000 DS for a few months now, and they seem to work as intended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts