Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati servicing
Has anyone thought about embarking on performing servicing themselves. If like me you’ve always carried out your bike services yourself, why not now?
With the ridiculous service costs a the dealership I’m thinking of doing it myself. I know it would void the warranty. However with the amount of money you would be saving you would have to be extremely unlucky to still not be ahead if something was to breakdown. You can download service schedule and workshop manual. There just seems to be some kind of fear about touching these bikes, is it just me?
What do you think?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Depending on where you are, I doubt if servicing yourself actually voids the warrenty.

As long as you can proof it was done. Parts receipts, log book, etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I did my initial service and oil change. My dealer told me keep the receipt and turned off the service light when they did a warranty replacement of my headlight. I'll have them do the 7500 mile service as valve adjustments are more than I am qualified to do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oil , filters, plugs and the brakes I'd do myself but the belts and valves is a job for the trained professionals.

But I'm pretty sure that if your not a trained service technician then the warranty would be voided regardless of you using Ducati parts.

Your dealer is the one to ask, as its them who'll void your warranty or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts