Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Feel rather brassed off. Got off bike in garage and either the side stand wasn’t down fully or I just forgot to put it down. After getting over the initial how could I be so bloody stupid I was feeling ok with only a bent gear and scratched clutch lever. Second inspection and noticed the gear lever had bent up and took a lovely little nick in the engine casing.

Anyone know of a good paint code match for the casing or what the generic name for the colour is. Doesn’t need to be a perfect match as it’s not visible unless you look for it. Just want to keep any corrosion at bay in the future.

On a brighter note had a lovely ride earlier. The joys of owning a motorcycle. Appreciate any help.

Adam

·
Registered
981 Posts
You have my sympathies but the reality is that every bike gets dropped at some stage and it's probably better to get it over with quickly rather than to prolong the event.
Think yourself lucky that you do not own a Triumph Tiger. If anybody simply says that word slope within earshot of a Tiger they will roll forward off their side stand and hit the floor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Have sliders fitted, if I hadn’t tank and forks bound to have been damaged. Would just love to be able to touch up the engine casing. The search for a suitable colour continues.

One last question how do I remove the gear shift lever to straighten.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just tell them that you slid too deep on dirt. That’ll make you look cooler. *winking*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like the rearset bracket needs to come off if I’m unlucky to snap lever off when bending back. . Definitely need to invent a story as a garage drop doesn’t do the image much good. First battle scar on my pride and joy and hopefully the last through stupidity.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, man, everyone here dropped their bikes. It's an old rite-of-passage when owning a motorcycle. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
... Many many years ago, when this was possible, I set off from a park with the steering lock engaged and just went round in a big arc and collapsed on the floor in front of my college mates :oops: (Suzuki ER50)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
... Many many years ago, when this was possible, I set off from a park with the steering lock engaged and just went round in a big arc and collapsed on the floor in front of my college mates :oops: (Suzuki ER50)
I once rode 3 up with my mates on a Blue ER50 but crashed at the end of the street at about 10mph!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dropped mine in the garage when the kickstand wasn't fully kicked out and the bike just fell onto me. Bent the shifter but a 3ft pipe bent it back nicely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts