Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m new here. I picked a new ‘18 ds a few months back and have been having a great time terrorizing forestry roads and a bit of single track here and there. I’m thoroughly impressed with this machine so far.
This weekend I got into a bunch of mud and snow and it hit home that it will be going over from time to time. I really should have some protection on it. I plan to put barkbuster or Evotech hand protectors on but I’m no sure how to tackle the rest. I looked at the hepco and sw frame protection but can’t figure out if something like a rg frame slider will provide equal protection? I’m looking to protect against damage from very low speed drops and tip overs. Anyone have real world experience with this?
Thanks, Ro

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMO frame sliders only work effectively on paved or very hard surface condition. The other knock is in a crash they can dig or bite and cause the bike to helicopter which can catch a leg and not allow rider separation. Evotech also makes sliders or what they call bobbins for the Sled but I would recommend HB or SW Motech crash protection. You definitely want something to protect the oil cooler first and foremost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same boat, just picked up a 19. I haven’t had it on the dirt yet, but I want to get guards on there. I have a HB oil cooler guard in the mail, but I’m not set on what to do about the lower engine. I like the evotech bash plate, but I wonder oil cooler guards + hand guards are enough for tip overs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input.

Does any have some decent photos of the SWM? It’s hard to tell from their reference photos what I’d be protecting? I’m am sorta leaning toward the HB gear.

I’m a bit stumped on hand guards too. I do like the Evo but wouldn’t mind a bit of wind protection for morning commutes. Not so big on the bark busters. I’m tempted buy some touratech handguards for the my GS and try retrofit the GS guards on to the DS with a little help from my 3D printing friend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts