Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we all know that the DS is just unique enough from the rest of the Scrambler line that some things fit and some don't.

Lets post up here what has worked for you on your DS and what did not. This will save everyone from having to send stuff back because it just does not fit our DS.

Here is what I have found that fits my DS:

Altrider oil cooler cover
Altrider voltage regulator cover
R&G Racing rear wheel slider
SW-MOTECH Sidestand Foot Enlarger
Ducati LED turn signals

Here is what I found that does not fit my DS:

R&G Racing Aero Frame Sliders (muffler heat shield blocks slider from being installed)

I have a full Termi high pipe system coming in this week along with oem heated grips.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The CONSTANDS centre bike lift does NOT fit.

I bought two, one for the Classic and Urban Enduro and one for the Desert Sled as advertised. I had to completely rework it due to the different height and swingarm pivot bolt. Sending it back from Scotland to Germany was a ball-ache so I kept it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Givi pannier rack does not fit. And by extension, almost anything connecting to the rear foot pegs likely won't work.

Touratech skid plate doesn't work.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What does not work:

Ducati branded bendable shift pedal.
Ducati crash bars
Termi performance overhead pipe. It can be fitted if the panel on the right is shaved down and a canister is moved out of the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PUIG brake and clutch levers fit. Made in Barcelona Spain and sold by REVZILLA.
Adjustable for length, and hand grab size and they also fold upwards possibly saving them from destruction if they hit the ground.
You have to order the mounts - the part that attaches to the bike - brake lever adapter Mfg. part # 5444N and clutch lever adapter # 6590N for Scramblers
Then you pick out what color levers and adjusters you want. You will order 4 items for a set of levers.
Not all color combos were available when I ordered but I only wanted black and gold.
Had them for a week now and I really like them. Fit, finish, and function - 5 stars.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
DESIGN CORSE Scrambler Frame plugs - TT331G kinda fit. The front plugs fit perfect, the plugs close to the swingarm needed .5 mm turned off the diameter to fit. Not real easy to do, but I wasn't
grinding inside the frame diameters! The frame holes are slightly different diameters.
The oil filler plug - TA137G fit perfect, uses the o-ring on your stock plug.
Never liked oil fill plugs that just anyone can remove with their fingers.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here are some of mine that work/fit:

I just found cheap ($18.50 ea) frame plugs that fit on Revzilla. You want to get two 23mm and two 24mm. You will need to tap these in with a mallet or hammer, but not super forceful. At first I was going to go with the gold, but that was a little too out-of-place bling IMO after getting one and looking at it. Considering there is a lot of silver accents in the engine area, I decided to go with silver to make the look more cohesive.

Elsewhere, I posted about my gold Ride It short levers and Racefoxx footpegs - with pictures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PUIG brake and clutch levers fit. Made in Barcelona Spain and sold by REVZILLA.
Adjustable for length, and hand grab size and they also fold upwards possibly saving them from destruction if they hit the ground.
You have to order the mounts - the part that attaches to the bike - brake lever adapter Mfg. part # 5444N and clutch lever adapter # 6590N for Scramblers
Then you pick out what color levers and adjusters you want. You will order 4 items for a set of levers.
Not all color combos were available when I ordered but I only wanted black and gold.
Had them for a week now and I really like them. Fit, finish, and function - 5 stars.
Love the SS and the Guzzi in the background!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
There will be, for a while, parts that do not fit until the aftermarket mfg's catch up to the differences.
Heres what has worked on my DS.

EvoTech tail tidy (re-engineered by EvoTech to fit the DS).

Kriega Duo saddlebag mounts.

MRA windscreen

I hope to stay very close to stock and not add weight for the sake of farkles, although certain farkles do save weight. Many do not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Biggest problem I have with stock exhaust is the right heel - call it the achilles heel of DS! ;-) I nearly trashed my expensive SIDI canyon boots one dual sport ride weekend from the shield bolt grinding away at my heel seem. That teaches me not to wear my motocross Alpinestars for planned off-road rides.

Looking around still weighing options, but any replacement must address that. Hard to tell if the HP Corse Evoxtreme does. If it does, that would be awesome! (and hopefully cheaper than that Termignoni pipe sans cat, which is ridiculously expensive, and prolly have to find someone other my dealer to help me)

·
Registered
23 Posts
GPSCITY on eBay has RAM mount motorcycle handlebar clamp balls for $10.99
They include 3 different length M8 bolts for mounting.
You will have to remove the crossbar to install in a clamp bolt nearest you.
Or, if you use a 1/2 inch long bushing to raise the ball you can use the clamp bolt farther away and keep the crossbar for your GL Zigzag - GiantLoop - handlebar bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
30 dollar Harbor Freight stand also works and as long as you don't plan on removing the rear wheel it's pretty stable (we need swingarm mounted bobbins on this bike).

Good for lubing the chain, and generally cleaning and working on the DS.

IMG_3271.jpg

( I used some 15mm pipe I had laying around in the garage)

·
Registered
292 Posts
The R&G Racing rear sliders have bobbins built in. This is what I have on mine and will be looking for a paddock stand soon

Spindle Sliders for Ducati Scrambler '15- & Ducati Mosnter 797 '17- SS0044BK
Might I recommend GPI Industries?
GPI Industries - Sport Bike Stands and Lifts

They make a nice product at a good price. I have a set of their Pro Series II stands that I use for my Scrambler. The little universal adapters work fine on our bikes - just put them underneath the very rear bit of the swingarm where the chain adjusters are. If you end up with bobbins later on they have adapters for that which come with the stand.

They are running a Summer sale right now for $50 off of a set, so the complete set is $89US plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts