Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I do a lot a long road trips here in British Columbia, Canada. It took a lot of research when I first bought the bike to find hard saddlebags and a hard tailbag. The product I ended up buying was from Hepco & Becker. I am happy with them - durable, completely waterproof, sufficient storage, locks well, can handle decent speeds, looks pretty good.

The side cases are 22 litres each and the top case is 40 litres, so I have 84 litres of storage total.

I did one road trip with a passenger, including labtops, about 8,000-10,000km or so. It was fairly tight packing with a passenger, but by myself, it is easily adequate.

Hopefully the photos upload so you can take a look.

Keep your Bottom on Top!

~Ethan

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks amazing. We’re still in lockdown here in the UK, so I only get to commute on my bike. I can’t tell you how much I’d love to be back out in North Wales with views like that again. The luggage set up looks very good, it suits the bike well. Which screen have you used?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks awesome! I want to explore the same kinds of places in Northern California . I want to set up my bike with the same side cases you have. Do you have the part/model number? ...checking out the site....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks amazing. We’re still in lockdown here in the UK, so I only get to commute on my bike. I can’t tell you how much I’d love to be back out in North Wales with views like that again. The luggage set up looks very good, it suits the bike well. Which screen have you used?
The windscreen I have is this one:

It also needs mounting hardware:

I would give this windscreen probably about a 6/10. It looks alright, does an okay job, but I am toying with the idea of getting a taller one. What I do like about this windscreen that may be hard to beat is that I adjust the angle of it while riding, which is great when the winds change.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome! I want to explore the same kinds of places in Northern California . I want to set up my bike with the same side cases you have. Do you have the part/model number? ...checking out the site....
That sounds amazing. On my VFR800 back in the day, I rode from Canada down into Mexico and back. There is great riding in Northern California. I would love to do it again.

I found my original receipt. I believe these are the numbers:

HB-6307566 00 01 - Side case mounting hardware for the orbit saddle bags
HB-610293 00 01 - Side cases, Orbit, 22 litre, black
HB-700521 - Inner Bags for side cases, optional, but to me worth it, because the bags are the exact shape of the side cases. I did not bother with the bag for the tail bag
HB-6617566 01 01 - Easyrack metal carrier, mounting hardware for top case
HB-610088 00 01 - Topcase Journey Black

HB-700311 -optional back rest for the topcase for a passenger. My old man misplaced it (I store my bike in his garage in the winter 'cause I have an apartment)
HB-610061 00 01 - topcase rail (same as above)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks fantastic! Pictures are awesome, thank you! I put GIVI hard side boxes on mine - happy with them too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That sounds amazing. On my VFR800 back in the day, I rode from Canada down into Mexico and back. There is great riding in Northern California. I would love to do it again.

I found my original receipt. I believe these are the numbers:

HB-6307566 00 01 - Side case mounting hardware for the orbit saddle bags
HB-610293 00 01 - Side cases, Orbit, 22 litre, black
HB-700521 - Inner Bags for side cases, optional, but to me worth it, because the bags are the exact shape of the side cases. I did not bother with the bag for the tail bag
HB-6617566 01 01 - Easyrack metal carrier, mounting hardware for top case
HB-610088 00 01 - Topcase Journey Black

HB-700311 -optional back rest for the topcase for a passenger. My old man misplaced it (I store my bike in his garage in the winter 'cause I have an apartment)
HB-610061 00 01 - topcase rail (same as above)
Awesome. Thanks for the information. Yes, California has a lot of diversity—the coast, mountains, desert. I’ve been a bay area commuter + weekend rider (to wine country or Monterey) for 15 years. But, I’ve never done big rides like you have. That’s gonna change. I plan on doing some big trips in CA. And then I’m going to ride CA to MI to see my parents in Fall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks fantastic! Pictures are awesome, thank you! I put GIVI hard side boxes on mine - happy with them too.
I had GIVI's on my VFR. They were fantastic. I didn't come across any for sale two years ago when I was upgrading the Scrambler. For me, storage is key. I do tons of road trips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Thanks for the information. Yes, California has a lot of diversity—the coast, mountains, desert. I’ve been a bay area commuter + weekend rider (to wine country or Monterey) for 15 years. But, I’ve never done big rides like you have. That’s gonna change. I plan on doing some big trips in CA. And then I’m going to ride CA to MI to see my parents in Fall.
If you ever ride in Northern Washington or Montana and are considering crossing the border, I can point you in the direction of some amazing roads. Here in BC we have the different mountain ranges, coastal highways, deserts, wine country. I currently live near Vancouver, but I am actually moving to our wine country in a few months. One of my reasons for moving is the motorcycle roads.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you ever ride in Northern Washington or Montana and are considering crossing the border, I can point you in the direction of some amazing roads. Here in BC we have the different mountain ranges, coastal highways, deserts, wine country. I currently live near Vancouver, but I am actually moving to our wine country in a few months. One of my reasons for moving is the motorcycle roads.
I have not been to Vancouver since the Worlds Fair. My wife and I have talked about taking a trip up that way, once Covid clears...

·
Registered
19 Posts
For sure. I did a 4+ hour ride this morning up Mt. Hamilton here in the Bay Area. Great thing about the Scrambler, not only is it a fun bike but you can ride it for hours without getting tired/sore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts