Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not sure I even know what to do with a manual that doesn't use grainy black and white pictures that all look like the Loch Ness.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank you for the PDF, which I expect we will find very useful when we try to fit the oem belly pan: the instructions downloaded from Ducati Performance should also ease the job, as no instructions were given with the pan, received today. This is now the third item recently bought with no instructions whatever, which I find disappointing and unacceptable.

After the first service, we will remove the Evotech engine guard from the Classic and see if it will fit the Multistrada: we prefer the look of the Ducati belly pan, which should provide better protection if/ when I venture off tarmac.

The R & G crash protectors have been fitted ( I somehow managed to burr the new bar as it was tapped through: another PITA , as it did not happen when fitting some to the Multistrada) and hand guards, with bar end mirrors. Not sure if they will work satisfactorily, but worth a try, even if another PITA to fit -------!

This is the first Workshop Manual I have seen in full colour: excellent.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thank's Nick, your blood is worth bottling.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've read that some of the information contained in this PDF may be wrong.. some things like torque specs.. but I just read the oil capacity says 3.7 Liters. However I am thinking it is closer to 3 Liters. Can 0.7 Liters really be hiding in the engine during an oil change?

·
Registered
58 Posts
OP you should edit and mention in the original post, that it is imperative that you DO NOT follow the workshop manual torque settings of 42nm (32 ft lb) for the oil drain plug. Not the big one with the 14mm bolt, but the smaller allen one on the underside.

It's apparently a misprint for the older type 22mm bolts, whereas our scramblers have a 12mm bolt.. Anyway i like to torque things according to spec, so i foolishly followed the 32ft lb, and it just sheared the bolt.

Best off not using a torque wrench and going snug, and a little more, and calling it good ! Otherwise this will happen !

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thank you for the warning, doc! That picture helps send the message, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got a new bolt on order, its going to cost $16. Worst part is that its going to take a week to get here. Truth of the matter is, probably any M12 1.5 drain bolt will work. (1.5 is the pitch of the thread)

The reason i ordered the Ducati one, is that it sits almost flush to the underside, whereas any you'll get locally will have a protruding nut on the underside. Would you or anyone else ever notice ? Probably not, but you never know, that one day you decide to go off road, and that one rock, hits it that protruding object, then you'll say, damn it !

Anyway I'm not patient. I'll go grab a regular bolt for now, and switch it next week when the proper Ducati one gets here, even if it involves draining the oil and refilling it again.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
I've read that some of the information contained in this PDF may be wrong.. some things like torque specs.. but I just read the oil capacity says 3.7 Liters. However I am thinking it is closer to 3 Liters. Can 0.7 Liters really be hiding in the engine during an oil change?
I would say yes : if you don't change the filter, some oil will remain in the filter. I also think some oil may remain in the oil cooler circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank You So very much, what an Asset for all those with that inclination. certainly clarified a few issues for me on first viewing
Thanks again,had to wait 3 yrs for one for my DRZ e, i feel sure if there are a few anomalies they will get ironed out by like minded folk. watch this space !!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts