Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

I got a DS 2020 2 weeks ago (my first Ducati) and I'm very stoked with the bike. My only concern as many of you is the lack of a more aggressive sound.

I was two clicks away from ordering an Arrow Exhaust until I realized that the Scrambler has a lean mixture and removing the cat would worsen this situation (adding that is an air-cooled bike). Then I noticed that a lot of people were re-mapping the scrambler at the time of changing the exhaust for an aftermarket one.

Even tho there is a lot of content about this topic, most of this content is for "older" bikes and mine is 2020. I wonder whether the lean mixture is still an issue for the newer ones. I guess that is worst because of EURO V but who knows.

If that is the case, I was planning to order the Arrow and a Rexxer EVO in order to do the mapping.

As a note, I'm from Chile and with respect to emissions, we are in EURO III.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Arrow however it was installed by first owner and he didn't have it flashed.
I think the bike can adjust on the lean setting via computer but I'm not the guy to ask.
I'd have the dealer do the work, I live the look of stock pipes and may actually switch mine back out but will ask dealer in Springtime.
Mine is first year 2017 803cc.

United States

Ken

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, if its a 2020 I think you can use the Termignoni UpMap device and software, check it out.

I don't know anyone that has used this but it seems pretty interesting. You could be the first to post about it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, if its a 2020 I think you can use the Termignoni UpMap device and software, check it out.

I don't know anyone that has used this but it seems pretty interesting. You could be the first to post about it :)
Interesting! Do you know if this is going to work on an Arrow Exhaust?

Sadly it is out of stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the Arrow Exhaust. Yesterday I went to the local Ducati and they offered me to map the bike for 200 bucks. I told this to David from Rexxer and he say that the mapping provided by Ducati is not going to make the mixture richer because it comes from Ducati. I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Might be too late on this, but you can cut the baffles out of that stock termi exhaust to get a much better sound if you are only looking to improve the sound. I did it on mine and love it for the price of $0.00.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello guys!

I got a DS 2020 2 weeks ago (my first Ducati) and I'm very stoked with the bike. My only concern as many of you is the lack of a more aggressive sound.

I was two clicks away from ordering an Arrow Exhaust until I realized that the Scrambler has a lean mixture and removing the cat would worsen this situation (adding that is an air-cooled bike). Then I noticed that a lot of people were re-mapping the scrambler at the time of changing the exhaust for an aftermarket one.

Even tho there is a lot of content about this topic, most of this content is for "older" bikes and mine is 2020. I wonder whether the lean mixture is still an issue for the newer ones. I guess that is worst because of EURO V but who knows.

If that is the case, I was planning to order the Arrow and a Rexxer EVO in order to do the mapping.

As a note, I'm from Chile and with respect to emissions, we are in EURO III.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!!!
As I understand it grifo, it has got even leaner. I own a 2017 model and got it dyno'd and the graph of existing to remap was chalk and cheese in terms of how lean stock is to modified. Once you pull the CAT off changes everything. The CAT weighs around 5 kilo so ditching it is the way to go then get someone with a dyno to remap it properly. No idea what Oz is for Euro levels, don't really care as the footprint is so tiny for carbon emissions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be too late on this, but you can cut the baffles out of that stock termi exhaust to get a much better sound if you are only looking to improve the sound. I did it on mine and love it for the price of $0.00.
But stock exhaust is not termi 🤔

·
Registered
23 Posts
But stock exhaust is not termi 🤔
If I'm not mistaken, your 2020 DS comes with the stock exhaust that has twin baffles with a black heat shield originally found on the earlier FT and Cafe models? That particular style of stock exhaust is known as the "termi" exhaust because it was branded as such back when it was put on the FT and Cafe models. Not to be confused with an actual aftermarket Termignoni exhaust. The stock termi still has the cat and other emissions restrictions of course, it supposedly has a slightly better sound than the normal stock exhaust but no performance advantage.

So, if you want to derestrict your exhaust flow and get the performance gains as well as the better sound you do need to buy a new full exhaust. But, if you just want to make your bike sound like a motorcycle and not a sewing machine, you can simply cut out the guts of the two baffles on your stock setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts