Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My name is Roi. I recently bought a 696 monster with a few problems.. but the main issue that I have is ones I start drive it every thing looks ok when the bike is relatively cold, but after 15-20 min into the ride.. I start gradually loosing power till it’s completely stop moving. I start the ride raving 4-5k rpm and the bike don’t move.. I thoughts it was the clutch so I replaced it but still the same problem..
Does any body have an idea what can cause this issue?
By the way when I start the bike I have this rattling metallic noise..

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I got the bike, the slave was complete mass.. I changed fluid.. maybe there still air in the sys?
I changed the clutch.. I’ll check the slave again.

thanks buddy

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When I got the bike, the slave was complete mass.. I changed fluid.. maybe there still air in the sys?
I changed the clutch.. I’ll check the slave again.

thanks buddy
Air in the clutch would give the opposite problem of not disengaging so I doubt that’s it.
When you say ‘slows down and stops’, do you mean the bike will not even roll by pushing? If so then it could be a brake stuck on caused by miss adjustment, usually after fitting new levers or adjusting the rear brake pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air in the clutch would give the opposite problem of not disengaging so I doubt that’s it.
When you say ‘slows down and stops’, do you mean the bike will not even roll by pushing? If so then it could be a brake stuck on caused by miss adjustment, usually after fitting new levers or adjusting the rear brake pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that what I was thinking. When I’m standing at a light and I’m putting the bike in first gear .. noting append I even releasing the clutch lever completely and the bike not turning off, jumping or shutting off.
When I will rave the throttle on first gear it won't move .. all of this going on after riding on the bike for 15 min or so. In the beginning everything is good .. ones it’s worming up I’m starting to lose power and the bike won’t move I can roll it or push it but something is not engaging with the motor.. that’s suck!!
Thanks you guys

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yes, that what I was thinking. When I’m standing at a light and I’m putting the bike in first gear .. noting append I even releasing the clutch lever completely and the bike not turning off, jumping or shutting off.
When I will rave the throttle on first gear it won't move .. all of this going on after riding on the bike for 15 min or so. In the beginning everything is good .. ones it’s worming up I’m starting to lose power and the bike won’t move I can roll it or push it but something is not engaging with the motor.. that’s suck!!
Thanks you guys
I have a 1098 in the workshop at the moment for a service, the first thing I noticed was the reservoir for the clutch fluid was full to the top. (so was the brake too) Done by whoever serviced it last.
What some people do not understand is that when the fluid is right to the top there is nowhere for the fluid to go when it heats up and will either force the clutch to dis-engage or apply the brake. Or both.

Brake fluid level drops as the brake pads wear. BUT, clutch fluid level rises as the clutch plates wear therefor filling the small reservoir to the neck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 1098 in the workshop at the moment for a service, the first thing I noticed was the reservoir for the clutch fluid was full to the top. (so was the brake too) Done by whoever serviced it last.
What some people do not understand is that when the fluid is right to the top there is nowhere for the fluid to go when it heats up and will either force the clutch to dis-engage or apply the brake. Or both.

Brake fluid level drops as the brake pads wear. BUT, clutch fluid level rises as the clutch plates wear therefor filling the small reservoir to the neck.
Hi my friend, thanks a lot !! That makes a lot of sense.. cause it’s usually appends when the bike is getting hot.. I can’t wait to go back to check it out. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi my friend, thanks a lot !! That makes a lot of sense.. cause it’s usually appends when the bike is getting hot.. I can’t wait to go back to check it out. I’ll keep you posted.
Is it possible that the clutch cable is bad?
Cause he don’t look so good.. he looks round, not swollen, with out cuts or bruises but instead of silver he got this brown color.. like burned or something next to the engine casing..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, just figure it out!!
One of the upper piston timing belt tension pulley what completely smashed.. I changed it and it’s runs like a charm.
Only thing I have to figure is how to adjust the throttle so I won’t need to drive with open chuck all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts