Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd just go in there with a Dremel or file and relieve the belly pan a little bit so it doesn't touch the spring. :D

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I think you did something wrong with a washer on the left engine side. Under the pan instead of outside or something.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Is it possible that the front exhaust flange has not been tightened up squarely ? If not then it could be tilting downward and lowering the exhaust.
I've checked the bellypan fitment on a bike here and can confirm that you have done it correctly but I have plenty clearance, you could check that you still have enough room to insert fingers between the oil filter and pan, (I can)
This could also be the answer to a few who seem to scrape the exhaust while fast cornering and others just scrape the footpegs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive taken the pan off, put some washers between rubber grommet and the rh bracket and front lh bracket which worked. However, I've only normal allen key head bolts which I needed to use for the extra thread length required but unfortunately the head part protruded too much on the rh side ie if I scraped a kerb it would of torn them out of the clips in the bracket.
So I decided to manipulate the rh to make it fit better... I think it's worked, just.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts