Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the official Ducati brand flyscreen installed? I like the look of it, but I have a red Icon and the yellow/white would look terrible. Has anyone removed that yellow/white sticker (if it's a sticker) and just stripped it back to the black?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
IMG_6603.JPG
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the official Ducati brand flyscreen installed? I like the look of it, but I have a red Icon and the yellow/white would look terrible. Has anyone removed that yellow/white sticker (if it's a sticker) and just stripped it back to the black?

Thanks!
I did but ended up getting it sprayed satin black.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did that Puig screen have stickers on it that you removed?
- Armo - did you end up painting it because of sticker marks, or simple to make it match better?

Looks good you guys.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
- Armo - did you end up painting it because of sticker marks, or simple to make it match better?

Looks good you guys.
Purely a match, there's a company in Germany that make custom decals, exactly the same shape as the original but in a choice of different colours.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Dart "Fly Screen" fits the Sc
dart1.jpg
The Dart "Fly Screen" fits the Scramblers perfectly. I bought one for $129 and used it one tank of gas. I'm 5'6" and the screen put my head exactly in the wrong place. I wear a Shoei Hornet X2 and with or without the beak didn't matter. I am listing it for sale for $100 shipped free in lower 48 states and since I own my company, I can take any credit card. Email me at [email protected]
dart2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts

Looks good you guys.
Thanks, I think it cleans up the front end a bit. Plan on having it painted to match the green.

The Puig comes with the stickers not applied. They look cheap to me, so didn't bother.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I saw that dart screen, but I'm looking for something with a lower profile. I'll see how much the Ducati brand one is. The price on the Puig is certainly attractive...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I personally think the Ducati OEM screen looks more substantial than the Puig and I think that's borne out in the price.
Clearly the Dart is going to be more functional in terms of wind protection.
However, I prefer the size and shape of the Puig - that's personal of-course.

I think in general these bikes look better with some kind of short screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts