Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Now that I’m getting some miles on the Scrambler I’m finding that like so many of you I want a different seat. My bike has the Flat Track Pro seat on it. I actually find it to be fine on my butt but I could really use a little more leg room. I’ve got bad knees and the bend is a bit much.

Both the Seat Concepts and the Comfort seat are reported to be an inch taller but I know width and hardness of the foam will be factors as well.

Have any of you tried both?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Folks,

Now that I’m getting some miles on the Scrambler I’m finding that like so many of you I want a different seat. My bike has the Flat Track Pro seat on it. I actually find it to be fine on my butt but I could really use a little more leg room. I’ve got bad knees and the bend is a bit much.

Both the Seat Concepts and the Comfort seat are reported to be an inch taller but I know width and hardness of the foam will be factors as well.

Have any of you tried both?
I have not tried the Seat Concepts offering, but did buy a Ducati Comfort seat for my 1100 SCR for the same knee issue you experience. Foam on the Comfort and stock seat were the same, so if you're happy with your existing seat, you'll be happy with the Comfort seat.
That said, it's also possible to improve knee angle by installing adjustable foot pegs to lower your feet instead of raising your butt. The drawback to lowering your foot pegs is grounding them on corners during spirited riding. So a folding style is better (safer) if that's how you ride. I made my own, but sets (20 mm) are available from Ducabike (about $130 for non folding foot pegs, $250 for folding) and from numerous China sellers for about $50. The China adjustable sets are folding and offer 25mm or 40mm drop (or lift) but move your feet outward from the brake and shift levers about 10mm. There's a company on eBay selling a German brand (Gilles Tooling) adjustable foot peg ($150) but they look the same as the China sets.
Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going with a Renazco seat that was a good bit taller. This helped the knee issue a bit. Lower pegs aren’t an option for me as I can‘t sacrifice the clearance. I like turns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue here at 5’11”, my left knee starts to ache after 30 minutes. I‘ve had no prior knee issues. I considered the Rizoma peg mount kit that offered some adjustability but then realized I needed to use their pegs which are not folding and was concerned about cornering clearance too.

I was able to pick up a comfort seat which is said to be 1” higher than the stock seat. I think the Mach 2.0 uses the flat track pro seat which I never found comfortable. The comfort seat is flatter which seem to address my second issue. Still have to put some miles on the comfort seat to see if it helps the first issue. Initial impressions is that it’s a little wider and the foam is quite squishy. I think I prefer a more firm seat but we’ll see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same issue here at 5’11”, my left knee starts to ache after 30 minutes. I‘ve had no prior knee issues. I considered the Rizoma peg mount kit that offered some adjustability but then realized I needed to use their pegs which are not folding and was concerned about cornering clearance too.

I was able to pick up a comfort seat which is said to be 1” higher than the stock seat. I think the Mach 2.0 uses the flat track pro seat which I never found comfortable. The comfort seat is flatter which seem to address my second issue. Still have to put some miles on the comfort seat to see if it helps the first issue. Initial impressions is that it’s a little wider and the foam is quite squishy. I think I prefer a more firm seat but we’ll see.
I am actually selling the bike. Love it but it’s time for something bigger. I have the Renazco for sale if you’re interested. It did make a significant difference in comfort for me. Wider, taller, firmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts