Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I used ride my '09 Yamaha R6 before selling it, I'd either wear tennis shoes (dumb) or my military grade steel toed boots, which I still own, but aren't really mean't for riding, given the lack of true protection.

What is anyones thoughts on these boots that Ducati has? Are they just stylish to match the bike, or are they valuable and protective just as the $400+ ones others sell.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not sure since I never seen it in person. Ducati claims it has some protection (heel, toe, ankle). I think "cross country" should at least have water and weather proof features and it seems like Ducati's doesn't. I would be looking for a pair of good touring boots soon too. For casual rides, I wear my Red Wing Iron Rangers. Double layer leather toe and heel and honestly the most comfortable shoes I ever owned. (after the breaking in process of course :p )

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
They are just rebranded boots from TCX - "XRap" is the name. They have decent protection - and are available elsewhere for about $150 US.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hi Head gear, Welcome :)

Those TCX Ducati boots are ok for driving your car and walking down to the shops IMHO :) Fashion Gear

If you want a decent pair of motorcycle boots visit a BMW Dealer (in most countries) they have quality footwear especially designed for motorcycling and will last a very long time,

Other manufactures do excellent boots too, I have a pair of Daytona ones which are very good,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure since I never seen it in person. Ducati claims it has some protection (heel, toe, ankle). I think "cross country" should at least have water and weather proof features and it seems like Ducati's doesn't. I would be looking for a pair of good touring boots soon too. For casual rides, I wear my Red Wing Iron Rangers. Double layer leather toe and heel and honestly the most comfortable shoes I ever owned. (after the breaking in process of course :p )
Thanks for the recommendation on the boots you use. Full protection is better than "assumed protection".

Those TCX Ducati boots are ok for driving your car and walking down to the shops IMHO :) Fashion Gear

If you want a decent pair of motorcycle boots visit a BMW Dealer (in most countries) they have quality footwear especially designed for motorcycling and will last a very long time,

Other manufactures do excellent boots too, I have a pair of Daytona ones which are very good,
Seeing as I intend to have my bike painted a different color, knowing these boots are the TCX versions is very useful. However, I think I'm going to look at a boot with better overall coverage and support, I appreciate you taking the time to supply this information.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the TCX boots, they are really comfy and have protection in the toe and heel, bought them from these guys
TCX X-Street waterproof boot black

Definitely only for casual use, I have a proper set of Alpinestars boots I wear most of the time but they are not comfy when walking hence my reason for TCX purchase.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have tcx ex rap as well they have basic protection and are waterproof used for trips that will end up walking here and there. Have a pair of "proper" boots horses for courses if I will be riding long and hard ( talking of the seat lol) then proper boots but having spent 30 yrs wearing doc Martin's steel toecaps!!!
Each to their own.
I find with old age self preservation is a great safety device, no longer take the risks I used too
However he says this touching wood lol I know the risks and before big brother has us wearing airbags and a bloke in front with a red flag!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The dealership I went to was a BMW / Ducati one and they were going to toss in a pair of boots with my purchase. I don't know the brand, but they were in the BMW section which ranged from $350 - $600. Didn't buy the bike yet, but I know I need better boots.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the TCX X-Wraps pictured above... I love them. Decent CE rated protection and comfortable even after 3+ hours playing around on the bike. Oh yeah, full grain leather and waterproof makes them sweet.

Probably going to get the women's version for my girlfriend, her birthday is coming up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts