Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Despite Italy being on a total lockdown my local dealer just recieved a truck with 14 new bikes from Ducati. So not a total lockdown if you are also waiting on a 2020 model. So far from what I gather from social media is that Ducati is still making bikes but the museum is closed as well as factory tours. This is a HUUUUUGE relief, for me anyway.

·
Registered
766 Posts
First of all the bikes would have left their country of origin over a month ago if they recently arrived at a dealer and secondly I believe that Sramblers are finally assembled in Thailand so your bike would have shipped from there not Italy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being in Switzerland we are about 5 hours away from Borgo Panigale. The truck left the factory yesterday and wasnt cleared until late evening. He arrived first thing this morning and had 14 new bikes unloaded before most peoples first coffee break. Like I said its not a total lock down like the media is making it out to be.
Scramblers for the European market are made in Italy.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I doubt Ducati production will start again for months not weeks. Even if production does restart world trade is about to grind to a halt and there is every chance your local dealer won’t be open or maybe even be in existence to be able to sell anything to you. Italy is in very serious trouble both medically and financially. The only up side I can is that with Ducati being owned by VW the money and financial ability behind the company probably allows to to be in a much better situation than it would be otherwise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt Ducati production will start again for months not weeks. Even if production does restart world trade is about to grind to a halt and there is every chance your local dealer won’t be open or maybe even be in existence to be able to sell anything to you. Italy is in very serious trouble both medically and financially. The only up side I can is that with Ducati being owned by VW the money and financial ability behind the company probably allows to to be in a much better situation than it would be otherwise.
My scrambler was on one of the last shipments out of Ducati. Now I just have to wait for paperwork to clear which is taking forever because they are "closed" as well. Insurance and registration may take another week or two. I believe 100% Ducati will survive this. Small business owners may have a harder time. RE: world markets, just another excuse to drain the pool so the big fish can eat up all the little fish. More control, more power, less rights. Any excuse to increase the above will be fully exploited at every opportunity.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Really? You think this is a plot by big business to subjugate the less well off?
I Think He's probably saying that 'they' will take advantage of the situation, not that the situation was manufactured, to consolidate and move money upwards. I'm guessing there's some truth to that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? You think this is a plot by big business to subjugate the less well off?

I Think He's probably saying that 'they' will take advantage of the situation, not that the situation was manufactured, to consolidate and move money upwards. I'm guessing there's some truth to that?
A manufactured plot no. Taking advantage of the situation yes. Market corrections are now "crashes" thanks to E.A's, or trading programms, and exagerated sell offs. Big fish come in and eat the little fish when the pool is at its lowest. Governments respond by taking measures (rights, freedoms) to combat the situation but fail to restore those lost rights/freedoms once the "crisis" is over.
60% of the time, it happens every time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any news if Thailand factory is closed or when it closed please. Waiting for ordered DS.
Check with your local dealer as they should know, ir your importer. Also check the news coming out of Thailand. So far this looks like a world wide economic shut down, over a flu, that has low mortality rate compared to a lot of other things. I see smoke but where is the fire?
Sorry I'm going crazy with this new locked down world. 😲
Even if, or when it arrives at your dealer you must still wait for the paperwork and insurance to go through. Let me tell you they are making a "snail's pace" look like an F1 qualifying lap. A friend of mine works for an insurance company and he said they have far, far, far more important tasks than new vehicle registrations. Its an all hands on deck situation with long, long hours that extend well into the weekend which was normally always free.
The Shit has been launched towards the fan. Right now we are in the looking up wondering Who? What? Is that.....? phase. But we can see that the projection of the shit is definitely in line with the fan.

Sorry, like I said, going crazy here.

·
Registered
959 Posts
[QUOTE="Scrambling Man, post: 246738, member: 34153"SNIP…So far this looks like a world wide economic shut down, over a flu, that has low mortality rate compared to a lot of other things. I see smoke but where is the fire?
[/QUOTE]

Not helpful information. Covid-19 is not just a flu and should be taken seriously!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I see smoke but where is the fire?
Maybe ask that question to the relatives of the 22,300 people who have died so far.
Please don't spout the trash from the mouth of the Orange man here. This is an extremely serious health issue for the whole world and there will ultimately be hundreds of thousands of deaths if we get anywhere near a worst case scenario. You might not be concerned, you might not be affected but as of this moment 500,000 people worldwide are and the numbers are growing exponentially.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts