Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to Ernie at GoodTimes Kawasaki/Ducati and he let me know that the Scrambler and others will be showcased at their store all day Friday 3/6. I know I'll be headed up to check it out and sit on it (hopefully).

If you're in the area will be a fun day. He mentioned they'll have refreshments/food etc and all the Ducati reps on hand. He also mentioned that they expect to have the pre-odered Icons in less then a month.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to still retrieve the pictures from yesterday but had a good time looking over the Scrambler and talking to the Ducati representative which was informative in many ways.

First I do have to say what I disliked about the bike. Being a standard I also understand it but I have to say that they could have tried to do a bit more hiding of the emissions control box. Man that is UGLY and it really stands out on the left side of the bike frame. Thank you CARB and The EPA.

The seat height and the layout of the controls and bar height were perfect for me at 5'9" 165lbs. It literally fit me like it was designed for me. So I am loving that right away. The fit and finish of the hardware was very good to excellent. There was obvious care done in assembly and design other then the above mentioned.

I spoke directly to the Ducati rep and he told me the following about the available exhaust systems. The only CARB approved system was the standard exhaust period. The others were EU compliant only and he told me that if you ordered a Full Throttle model that the exhaust came in a separate box that only the owner could install as the dealer cannot legally. I guess I'm just sticking with what it comes with on the Icon.

The seat for the short time I sat on the bike seemed like it is going to be amazingly comfortable right away. I guess time will tell there. I do want at a minimum to install the small windscreen I've seen and the soft side bags at a minimum. I can use my 400.00 pre-order credit towards that project.

All in all I left feeling great about my pre-order and now can't wait to actually take mine on the road when the time comes. I will post pictures up as soon as I can retrieve them from my neighbor that went with me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Swank, Me too! I placed my deposit down in October and still haven't been able to sit on one of these guys. Hakuna matata from here it seems.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You're very welcome to come and have a sit on mine Cookie,:)

I'll even let you borrow it for a couple of hours, :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts