Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to post my dealings with Ducati Glasgow for anyone looking for a service.
Bike picked up for 2 year service 6k, so valve check and new rubber on the back Pirelli GT and deliver back yesterday. A grand total of £360.39, a great service at a value I wasn't expecting. Many thanks to them.:adoration:
Back on the road as soon as.:blob8:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
You sure they did a valve check? It doesn’t need it at 6k, and you just can’t do that job (incl a new tire!) for that money...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Call them back (serious), you can't do a valve and belt job for 100 bucks, no way.

Either they undercharged :eagerness: , or forgot something.:culpability:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check when I drop in to get my book stamped but I was told it cheaper during the winter and they have the bike prep anyway for service so cuts down on time. When I called to see if it was ready they told me they had the valve check and spark plugs left to do before delivering it back.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looking at the invoice they haven't charged you for the belts or valves, looking on the website it should have cost double that with a rear tyre. Good if it's a winter promo but it should be double the cost so I'd check and make sure it was done as it doesn't mention them in the notes or pricing. Plus why did they change the plugs?
Screenshot_20190308-190933_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Maintenance schedule says 15000 miles or 2 years.

They changed the plugs on mine too at 7500 (my bike is close to two years old).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've never used Ducati Glasgow, I've been warned off by a few people I trust.

I genuinely hope they are better than I've heard but does sound worth scrutinising a bit. If in doubt Eddy at ERS over at Knockhill is a Ducati guru and gentleman, he would certainly offer some help on the phone

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was up today and they confirmed that the service with valve check was done. My next service is 12month or approx 15K, I think the 12months will come first.
I have found them bang on.
Thanks for the advice anyway, we'll see how it goes.

cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was up today and they confirmed that the service with valve check was done. My next service is 12month or approx 15K, I think the 12months will come first.
I have found them bang on.
Thanks for the advice anyway, we'll see how it goes.

cheers
That's great to hear, sounds like you got a nice deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts