Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hear me out on this, it's just my opinion, though you may not think it's brilliant and that's ok.

Continuing with their "lifestyle" theme I think I understand their two soft luggage offerings: why the classic bag series is only saddlebags and not available in a tank or tail bag; and why they both (classic and UE) fit the same mounting brackets and why brackets and bags can be purchased separately

I just installed my classic scrambler bags; they are fairly understated, all black and big enough for daily use. As a teacher, I can pack a few papers, a lunch, my chromebook and a few odds and ends for the day, snap them on the bike and commute to work. I get to work, quickly unhook the bags and throw one over each shoulder using the supplied shoulder straps. Basically, one becomes a lunch bag, and the other a messenger bag. Of course, they do look a little bit manbag for me, but still they would work.

Cut to Friday afternoon and I'm taking the Sixty2 for a weekend away. I come home, unhook my classic bags, grab my full set of (four) waterproof UE bags that I had previously packed the night before and off I go. Think about it, the tank bag is magnetic, done. Saddlebags fit on the same brackets without modification, done. The only thing left, strap the tail bag on and bam, on the road.

Return from the trip Sunday night, and my classic bags are just as I left them Friday and ready to go to work. Repeat as often as possible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, if someone already said these things then disregard my self proclaimed brilliance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of pics to show what I mean.
First the two bags hanging side by side.

The second pic is the Ducati small bag and the bag I use to pack my lunch. It's for a bicycle rear rack; insulated and holds lunch, glasses, school keys and other odds and ends in the pouches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts