Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else disappointed with the colour of yellow used on the optional extra fairing? it looks nothing like my new yellow icon!!
At £105 i would have thought they could get the colour to match!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I think it's a half way house between the icon yellow and the classic burnt orange. But I agree you'd think they'd get small details like that right. Or just have it like a smoked/clear type.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Is anybody else disappointed with the colour of yellow used on the optional extra fairing? it looks nothing like my new yellow icon!!
At £105 i would have thought they could get the colour to match!
Did I read somewhere that the color is just a sticker? If so, maybe you can fix up something you like better yourself.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Did I read somewhere that the color is just a sticker? If so, maybe you can fix up something you like better yourself.

Sarah
Yeah, I read that too, I think it was Elvisto. Quite expensive for what you get because the brackets can't be all that......

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The mountings are four in total, a tube arrangement goes over the top of the headlamp, using the H/lamp fulcrum point and the flasher point fixings, then the small screen has three fixing points to the tube support,
It's an easy enough job to remove screen and paint it what colour you like, if needs be,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine ended up being the yellow sticker as well. I removed the yellow sticker and sanded the plastic to take away the gloss and give the fairing more of a rubber look. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That looks ok Drhurt67, really suits the red bike, Did it peel off in one piece, ?

Welcome to the forum , it's good to have you along :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine ended up being the yellow sticker as well. I removed the yellow sticker and sanded the plastic to take away the gloss and give the fairing more of a rubber look. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
Looks good! Does it help with wind at all, or do you feel it's mostly cosmetic?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Does look good, and looks like it would be easy to add just a little extra fabbed up lip, if needed.

Sarah

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks ok Drhurt67, really suits the red bike, Did it peel off in one piece, ?

Welcome to the forum , it's good to have you along :)
The sticker peeled off easily but left a lot of residual glue. I used acetone on the glue and it came off pretty quickly.

Looks good! Does it help with wind at all, or do you feel it's mostly cosmetic?
I haven't noticed a big difference really with wind. I think it is mainly cosmetic, I like how it hides the key from view. I wouldn't buy it expecting to block wind like a windscreen would.

·
Registered
204 Posts
does the screen give some wind protection or is it just a optical enhancement?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts