Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair warning to everyone, I'm sure it probably states this somewhere in the fine print, but that sweet Ducati card we got with the free roadside assistance? It won't do anything for you if you've been in an accident. I called to see if they could tow my bike to my apartment after the accident (less than 4 mile tow) and she said towing is only covered for mechanical problems. Whoever I was connected with could not have been any less sympathetic that I was standing on the side of the road holding my hospital discharge papers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, roadside assistance is a joke. I read the fine print on my BMW. I guess they will come out and give you a jump or a gallon of gas. No tow coverage. I added motorcycle to my AAA card.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't think it was ever meant for accidents.
They are backing up their mechanical warranty with roadside assistance and recovery to a dealer for warranted repairs.I think that is worth something, and putting their money where their mouth is. But accidents are out of their control.
Mind you I am off to read what it does cover now........

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is why for the small fee of $4 a month, I carry road side assistance with my insurance company. They even paid for a $650 tow once (140 miles), no questions asked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My insurance company doesn't offer roadside for motorcycles otherwise I'd definitely have it on there. Luckily I ended up just convincing a bunch of friends and a pickup to come help. Loaded it up and dropped in back in my garage.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Search "Ducati Card"
Seems like in Europe and UK we are covered quite extensively.
Breakdown,accident,sickness....the list goes on.
Not so for the US and Canada though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Search "Ducati Card"
Seems like in Europe and UK we are covered quite extensively.
Breakdown,accident,sickness....the list goes on.
Not so for the US and Canada though.
Yeah European coverage sounds amazing with the Ducati Card! I wonder why most of that is cut off in the US?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you are ok. Are you injured?
Thanks, I'm mostly okay. My gear definitely saved me but I feel like caught a bowling ball with my chest. My ribs are sore, and my shoulder and collarbone are pretty excruciating from hitting the pavement. Hospital said nothing is fully broken but fractures may appear once the swelling goes down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts