Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I've been considering different flat seats for my 2018 Desert Sled — partly because I love that straight cafe line down the frame of the bike, and partly because my 30" inseam doesn't quite get both feet flat on the ground. I'm hoping to drop the seat height ~1" rather than compromising on the suspension.

I decided to try out the OEM "Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer Twin Seater Seat". I couldn't find too much info about it online, so I thought I'd share my findings here.

It's designed for the 2018 and 2019 Café Racer model, and requires an under-seat panel like all other flat seats. The official picture looks brownish, but in fact it's the same black as my stock seat. It has some white contrast stitching down the sides and at the 3/4 seams. The Ducati logo is outlined rather filled like the stock seat. It goes for $360 CAD + tax.

As it turns out, this seat is slightly TALLER than the stock seat.

side.gif

It's also a little narrower at the front, and wider/flatter at the rear.
rear.gif

The net effect was an INCREASED reach of about 1/2"
feet.gif

So unfortunately I'll be returning this and considering other options. I'll post a few more pics below.

P.S. Sorry, the dirt isn't stock... that's a custom accessory I added ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good comparison. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I have about the same inseam as you. I wouldn’t mind a more comfortable and lower seat option. I’m making do for now but it can get a bit sketchy when there’s a big crown in the road. Have to be careful and make sure you plan your foot placement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great comparison gifs!
It looks great.

Honestly, I'm 5'3" and constantly deal with only getting tip-toes on the ground. I typically have only one foot down... I don't have a DS, but looking at the photos you're about where I am with the FT.

I guess what I'm saying is that it can be done... it's just whether or not you think it's worth it. Good luck!!
Can't wait to see what you end up with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice comparison. I am looking to increase the height of the scrammy, I'm 6'7" on this thing, I fit, but more height is always welcome.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Why not try the lower seat for the Sled from Ducati themselves ? No worries about fitting side panels etc. and it's around an inch lower.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all

I've been considering different flat seats for my 2018 Desert Sled — partly because I love that straight cafe line down the frame of the bike, and partly because my 30" inseam doesn't quite get both feet flat on the ground. I'm hoping to drop the seat height ~1" rather than compromising on the suspension.

I decided to try out the OEM "Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer Twin Seater Seat". I couldn't find too much info about it online, so I thought I'd share my findings here.

It's designed for the 2018 and 2019 Café Racer model, and requires an under-seat panel like all other flat seats. The official picture looks brownish, but in fact it's the same black as my stock seat. It has some white contrast stitching down the sides and at the 3/4 seams. The Ducati logo is outlined rather filled like the stock seat. It goes for $360 CAD + tax.

As it turns out, this seat is slightly TALLER than the stock seat.

View attachment 39185
It's also a little narrower at the front, and wider/flatter at the rear.
View attachment 39187
The net effect was an INCREASED reach of about 1/2"
View attachment 39189

So unfortunately I'll be returning this and considering other options. I'll post a few more pics below.

P.S. Sorry, the dirt isn't stock... that's a custom accessory I added ;)
Send me an email at [email protected] and I will share our options with you if you're interested. We've got a good selection of slim seats :)

53466095_1246119105542936_4388229813593178112_o.JPG

·
Registered
159 Posts
How Was the Comfort? Ive been thinking of ordering the Zard seat and Panels...But this looks like a nice option too!

Also tempting as Zard and Mugello take 2-3 months to deliver...

anyone else have this seat?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, same situation here, I really like the looks of the flat cafe racer twin seat for my Icon Dark. 240€ for a bran new one at the dealership in Spain. My only doubt is about the side panels. I’ve seen the new ones that the Ducati Nightshif has, but not sure yet if there would be more interesting alternatives out there. I am still deciding btw this cafe racer seat and the Comfort Seat, as I do need to gain a few centimeters to stretch a bit more my legs!

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE="textbookexample.cc, post: 232103, member: 30811"]
[/QUOTE]
Same problem here!
I’ve cut a Comfort high seat (+25mm), just to use with higher side panels, I was liking more this seat because the straight shape, but then realized that is too high for me :ROFLMAO:
... so, now I’m selling this and will continue looking for the right one; was considering this Twin Seater before, but after your post I’m pretty sure should be high the same (I’m 175 cm).

... but it looks great on my bike :cry:

... lot of changes (just aesthetics) are coming on this bike... short tail, short front mudguard (thank to @CP_3.14), new color and new tank and side panels... will post when will be finished...

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE="textbookexample.cc, post: 232103, member: 30811"]
Same problem here!
I’ve cut a Comfort high seat (+25mm), just to use with higher side panels, I was liking more this seat because the straight shape, but then realized that is too high for me :ROFLMAO:
... so, now I’m selling this and will continue looking for the right one; was considering this Twin Seater before, but after your post I’m pretty sure should be high the same (I’m 175 cm).
View attachment 46550
View attachment 46551

View attachment 46552

... lot of changes (just aesthetics) are coming on this bike... short tail, short front mudguard (thank to @CP_3.14), new color and new tank and side panels... will post when will be finished...
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I would be interested in buying if the height doesn’t fit you well. Would you be able to ship it to Seville, Spain?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same problem here!
View attachment 46550
View attachment 46551

View attachment 46552

Hi, I would be interested in buying if the height doesn’t fit you well. Would you be able to ship it to Seville, Spain?
[/QUOTE]
Hi @JMB
I think that an international shipping would be expensive, a seat is big, and you’ve already found the Twin Cafè seat at 240 euro... I’m afraid about that mine shipped will cost you quite the same...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts