Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

CLASSIC

803 CC

The Classic version is aimed at those who appreciate attention to detail and 1970s style, but who don’t want to compromise on riding pleasure and the functionality of a modern bike. It is characterised by unique, refined details, such as the aluminium front and rear mudguards, the spoke wheels and the brown seat with diamond-shaped inserts. In Orange Sunshine.

• Pirelli Dual Sport Tires
  • Vintage Seat
  • Aluminum Fuel Tank Covers
  • Tear Drop Steel Fuel Tank (13.5 lt)
  • Spoked Wheels (18" front - 17" Rear)
  • Aluminum Belt Covers
  • Aluminum Heat covers
  • 803cc L-Twin cylinder 75hp, Desmodromic Air Cooled Engine
  • High and Wide Handlebar
  • Round Headlight with LED Ring
  • Semi-Floating Mono Disk Radially Mounted Monobloc Brembo caliper 4-Piston, Up Front
  • ABS Standard
  • Color: ORANGE SUNSHINE
  • Aluminum Stripe Under Seat
  • Aluminum Front/Rear Mudguard
  • Single Kayaba Shock Absorder with Preload Regulation
  • Passenger Grab Rail
  • LCD Dashboard with Interchangeable Aluminum Cover
  • Black Fuel Tank Stripe
  • Under Seat USB
  • New Tech LED Tail Light
  • Plate Holder

Engine
Type: L-Twin, Desmodromic distribution, 2 valves per cylinder, air cooled
Displacement: 803 cc
Bore x stroke: 88 x 66 mm
Compression ratio: 11:1
Power: 55 kW (75 hp) @ 8,250 rpm
Torque: 68 Nm (50 lb-ft) @ 5,750 rpm
Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection, 50 mm throttle body
Exhaust: Exhaust system with single stainless steel muffler, aluminium silencer cover, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes
Emissions: Euro 3

Transmission
Gearbox: 6 speed
Ratio: 1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 46
Clutch: APTC wet multiplate with mechanical control

Chasis
Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
Front suspension: Upside down Kayaba 41 mm fork
Front wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
Front wheel: Spoked Wheel, 3.00” x 17”
Front tyre: Pirelli MT 60 RS 110/80 ZR18
Rear suspension: Kayaba rear shock, pre-load adjustable
Rear wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
Rear wheel: Spoked Wheel, 3.00” x 17”
Rear tyre: Pirelli MT 60 RS 180/55 ZR17
Front brake: 330 mm disc, radial 4-piston calliper with ABS as standard equipment
Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 1-piston floating calliper with ABS as standard equipment

Dimensions and Weight
Wheelbase: 1,445 mm (56.9 in)
Rake: 24°
Trail: 112 mm (4.4 in)
Total steering lock: 35°
Fuel tank capacity: 13.5 l - 3.57 gallons (US)
Dry weight: 176,5 kg (389 lb)
Wet weight*: 192,5 kg (424 lb)
Seat height: 790 mm (31.1 in) - low seat 770 mm (30.3 in) available as accessory
Max height: 1,150 mm (45.3 in) / brake reservoir
Max width: 845 mm (33.3 in) / mirrors
Max length: 2,100 - 2,165 mm (82.7 - 85.2 in)
Number of seats: Dual seat

Standard Equipment
Spoked aluminium wheels, front and rear aluminium mudguards, vintage design seat, fuel tank with black stripe, high plate support, dedicated logo

Price
Classic $9,995 (USA), $10,995 (Canada), $149,990 (Mexico)

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my favorite right here! Cant wait for some high pipes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure Zard/acropovoc /Gpr/ arrow/ and termignoni will all be in the game shortly after release,,,,if we're lucky ztechnic will jump in as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
At first I liked the Enduro, but with more time I prefer the Classic. Really need to see and set on one. Went to see the Icon at the traveling road show in Denver, but didn't sit on it.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
mines a classic too . . . with some enduro touches . . . . no word yet for CA . . .
That's what I've done too. I did like the enduro at first but when I looked closer it was too contrived. So I went with the Classic, and will add the few Enduro touches to it. :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That's what I've done too. I did like the enduro at first but when I looked closer it was too contrived. So I went with the Classic, and will add the few Enduro touches to it. :)
I saw the yellow Icon, Urban Enduro and the Classic at the Scottish Show. To be honest I like them all but have already ordered the Enduro and I'm happy to stick with it, I want to go with a Steve McQeen army theme.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I saw them all too at the DMC Moto Open Day yesterday, in Preston. Though I had seen the Clssic on a couple of occasions before I took the time to really look at the fine details yesterday over the Icon and the Urban Enduro.

I'm pleased I went with the Classic. It truly is a gorgeous bike for the money. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think that would look great! Do you think about the Zard high pipe setup would look good, or whose pipes are you thinking?

See that Zard high level suits the Triumph Scrambler more than the Ducati Scrambler because of the headers being both at the front. I like that look but wasn't /not so keen on a Ducati. I would prefer personally the SC project or Termi High level.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I saw them all too at the DMC Moto Open Day yesterday, in Preston. Though I had seen the Clssic on a couple of occasions before I took the time to really look at the fine details yesterday over the Icon and the Urban Enduro.

I'm pleased I went with the Classic. It truly is a gorgeous bike for the money. :)
So is the seat vinyl or leather btw. Did they have a full throttle there too and did you notice the improved seat with the yellow and black stitching.?

·
Registered
834 Posts
The original seat looked like the hot welded the yellow panels and the stress of sitting on the seat began to break away. There was a black line printed on it too so maybe they were pre production seats only. They have now stitched them properly it seems.
original sales pic

Demo models had these shots

Latest genuine sold model seat

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The original seat looked like the hot welded the yellow panels and the stress of sitting on the seat began to break away. There was a black line printed on it too so maybe they were pre production seats only. They have now stitched them properly it seems.
original sales pic

I see what you mean now, I was looking at images on google and wasn't sure what you were on about. I also thought the yellow panels were plastic No. boards.
Your pictures of the 'improved seat' look really good and would suit the yellow Icon a treat. Suits you sir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That may have been a pre-production seat or something.
I am in Spain t the sales training be I rode one yesterday. Didn't see any problems but I will take a closer look today

·
Registered
14 Posts
original sales pic

Good job on the FT seat. I have seen the problem at the expo in Brussels and asked the Ducati guys to let it fix in the factory. They really didn't notice the problem.
Yellow Black Bicycle saddle Orange Footwear

1 - 20 of 45 Posts