Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding at night and noticed the headlight beam moves quite a bit due to vibrations regardless how smooth the road surface is. Is this because the headlight bracket is mounted to rubber spacers instead of being affixed to the frame or fork?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone riding at night and noticed the headlight beam moves quite a bit due to vibrations regardless how smooth the road surface is. Is this because the headlight bracket is mounted to rubber spacers instead of being affixed to the frame or fork?
Yes, even the motor humming makes it move. More if you have a windscreen or something like that. You can adjust the beam to go a little lower and it will vibrate less. I haven't found any other solution.

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, even the motor humming makes it move. More if you have a windscreen or something like that. You can adjust the beam to go a little lower and it will vibrate less. I haven't found any other solution.

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk
ah crap! I have the 18' cafe racer and i think its worse. because we have a slightly different mounting. with the normal scrambler the mounting bracket is straight to the fork with rubber grommets to dampen the vibration. With the cafe racer, maybe due to a slight different shape, the headlight mount bracket is fixed to a metal which then fixed again to the fork. That's why it's worse!

do you think changing the rubber to a washers or other spacers would work ??

·
Registered
733 Posts
My 1100 - was cleaning it Sunday and noticed the light rocks slightly in the mount - checked all was tight - but I guess there is play in the two top horse shoe shaped pivots - the same design is used on 800.

So apart from adding some tape to tighten the bracket - not much can be done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 1100 - was cleaning it Sunday and noticed the light rocks slightly in the mount - checked all was tight - but I guess there is play in the two top horse shoe shaped pivots - the same design is used on 800.

So apart from adding some tape to tighten the bracket - not much can be done.
Horse shoe shaped! Yes you cant describe it any better. I think they're only plastic and they flexes too much, and combining with rubber grommets I dont think is a good idea at all. If only the bracket was metal, I'd probably take my chance and modifying the rubber with the washers. But since it's plastic, I don't want to risk it and plus im not really a night rider.

Ive heard Ducati SF and BMW G310S also suffer from this too due to rubber grommets. I am unsure whether its a design flaws or is it actually intended to do so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts