Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 Ducati scrambler Icon/62 yellow, and want to change my stock ft foot pegs to more comfortable ones w ruber inserts that 'exact fit' my bike. Decided to stick w Ducati OEM pegs; know about the PUIG aftermarket kits/parts that will fit but they involve a pair of$32 scary mount brackets so, several of the reg. members on here swear that 'DUCATI MUTLISTRADA 1200' ft. foot pegs are an 'exact fit for their ducati scrambler icons. Here r the Duc OEM pt. #'s a reg member posted 4 yrs, ago;
-L H footpeg: # 46410601AA
-L H rubber insert: # 76510031
-R H footpeg: # 46410591AA
-R H rubber insert: # 799J4991A ???????? This pt # currently does not exist nor is there a a new pt. # that pops up, super ceding it.

I've been using the parts locator on 'DUCATI OF OMAHA's website. So the first 3 pt. #'s work to 'add to cart' but the 4th; the 'rubber insert' part for the right ft peg doesn't work. Yes, will call the pts dept. at Ducati of Omaha, asking for help. To add to confusion, someone from parts dept. at Ducati of Omaha said;" I talked to my salesman; the "DUCATI HYPERSTRADA' pegs will be an exact fit for your ICON and have the rubber component" , as an insert part, which is what i'm after,,,,,,,,obviously, I'm after some more comfort/less vibration/I'm a street rider only,,,,,,,,,BTW, all 4 pt #'s for the 'HYPERSTRADA' all worked on the Ducati of Omaha web site pts. locator and could be 'added to cart'. So my questions are:
1/Do I go with what our reg. members advise; swap my icon's stock ft. pegs for the 'MULTISTRADA 1200' ft. pegs, or, follow the 'hear say' advice from Ducati of Omaha, and swap my stock ft pegs for the 'HYPERSTRADA' pegs? Prices are the same, either way,,,,,,
2/IF I do swap for the 'MULTISTRADA 1200' pegs/inserts, does anyone know the 'SECRET' pt. # for the RIGHT R H rubber insert part?????
3/Some members on here say; "Any swap out to rubber insert pegs from the stock icon metal only pegs might add enough height that i won't to able to get my toe under the shift lever to 'up shift easily', causing me to have to adjust the shift lever?????? Is that a real concern?????

Thanks,

Ducati Scrambler icon guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a 2016 Ducati scrambler Icon/62 yellow, and want to change my stock ft foot pegs to more comfortable ones w ruber inserts that 'exact fit' my bike. Decided to stick w Ducati OEM pegs; know about the PUIG aftermarket kits/parts that will fit but they involve a pair of$32 scary mount brackets so, several of the reg. members on here swear that 'DUCATI MUTLISTRADA 1200' ft. foot pegs are an 'exact fit for their ducati scrambler icons. Here r the Duc OEM pt. #'s a reg member posted 4 yrs, ago;
-L H footpeg: # 46410601AA
-L H rubber insert: # 76510031
-R H footpeg: # 46410591AA
-R H rubber insert: # 799J4991A ???????? This pt # currently does not exist nor is there a a new pt. # that pops up, super ceding it.

I've been using the parts locator on 'DUCATI OF OMAHA's website. So the first 3 pt. #'s work to 'add to cart' but the 4th; the 'rubber insert' part for the right ft peg doesn't work. Yes, will call the pts dept. at Ducati of Omaha, asking for help. To add to confusion, someone from parts dept. at Ducati of Omaha said;" I talked to my salesman; the "DUCATI HYPERSTRADA' pegs will be an exact fit for your ICON and have the rubber component" , as an insert part, which is what i'm after,,,,,,,,obviously, I'm after some more comfort/less vibration/I'm a street rider only,,,,,,,,,BTW, all 4 pt #'s for the 'HYPERSTRADA' all worked on the Ducati of Omaha web site pts. locator and could be 'added to cart'. So my questions are:
1/Do I go with what our reg. members advise; swap my icon's stock ft. pegs for the 'MULTISTRADA 1200' ft. pegs, or, follow the 'hear say' advice from Ducati of Omaha, and swap my stock ft pegs for the 'HYPERSTRADA' pegs? Prices are the same, either way,,,,,,
2/IF I do swap for the 'MULTISTRADA 1200' pegs/inserts, does anyone know the 'SECRET' pt. # for the RIGHT R H rubber insert part?????
3/Some members on here say; "Any swap out to rubber insert pegs from the stock icon metal only pegs might add enough height that i won't to able to get my toe under the shift lever to 'up shift easily', causing me to have to adjust the shift lever?????? Is that a real concern?????

Thanks,

I recently purchased these footpegs and rubber inserts from Ducati of Omaha. They look great, but they are a bit too high relative to the shifter. I adjusted the shifter to the highest position and removed the rubber inserts. I’m pretty happy with just the bare pegs.
I’m happy to sell you my rubber inserts for the price I paid ($8 each + shipping). Let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just checked the part numbers I ordered. It looks like you had the wrong number for the right insert.
76510021A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER R.H. × 1
$8.18​
76510031A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER L.H. × 1
$8.18​
46410591AA - RIGHT FOOTREST × 1
$27.63​
46410601AA - LEFT FOOTREST × 1
$27.63​

51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked the part numbers I ordered. It looks like you had the wrong number for the right insert.
76510021A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER R.H. × 1
$8.18​
76510031A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER L.H. × 1
$8.18​
46410591AA - RIGHT FOOTREST × 1
$27.63​
46410601AA - LEFT FOOTREST × 1
$27.63​
Thanks, yes, that's correct pt # for R peg rubber insert, which I got today. Now that u confirmed shift lever adj. is needed w the OEM duc multistrada pts., backing off that purchase cause i need the rubber in my pegs, so I'm going w an aftermarket kit w 2 pgs/2 rubber inserts and all hardware called: "SW-MOTECH ION DUEL POSITION FRONT PEG KIT FOR DUCATI SCRAMBLERS ECT". Costs $115.90 & 'made-in-germany',,,,,,The main advantage of this 'exact fit' kit is w the rubber inserted, it's a flat design, plus the height is adjustable, so u can try it at stock height or, adj. the pegs 15mm lower, thus avoiding the shifter lever adj. The pt. # for this kit is: FRS.22.011.10001.S; For $168.95, there's an even better kit w a 360 degree high/low/back/fwd adj.; pt #: FRS.22.112.10001. The main US dist. seems to be: SW-MOTECH.US The LEAD TIME for the $115.90 kit is 4-6 wks, while the $168.95 kit can be gotten in 6 business days lead time. Have 2 OTHER sources I'd waiting to here from: solomotoparts.com and sdmoto-parts.com Don't even bother w revilla.com and motosport.com as their lead times are 6 weeks+ w -0- guarantee when they'd arrive,,,,,so have no need for buying your rubber inserts. BTW, all other kit sources required a 6 week lead time,,,,,,,Thanks again for your reply. BTW, puig makes a nice aftermaket kit but w the rubber, the pegs are too high requiring the shifter adj. i don't want to deal with,,,,,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts