Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A cool article on the most anticipated rides of 2015 made its way to the internet today.
Here's a snippet of what what was said about the Ducati Scrambler:

Ducati expects the four-model V-twin range will lift the annual production of Bologna-based factory by 15,000 units when fully ramped up. That's a massive 20 per cent increase, and the New Zealand distributor, NF Imports, expects a similar lift to sales of the marque here in 2015, all on the back of the Scrambler's impact.

No doubt Ducati have watched what happened when both Triumph and Moto Guzzi made their own homage-twins, the Bonneville and V7, and taken note. The Scramblers are just as affordable at $15,790 for the entry Icon version, and the 75bhp engine offers more power than the 68bhp and 47bhp pumped out by its respective Triumph and Moto Guzzi rivals.

Although existing Ducatisti will sneer at the Scrambler's use of a single-disc front brake and dirtbike handlebars, they may be pleasantly surprised at the sudden expansion of their community through the release of this sweetly-styled addition to the range. Roll on March, when the New Zealand Ducati scramble begins.
Read the rest of the article here: The most anticipated rides of 2015 Stuff.co.nz

·
Registered
365 Posts
And in response to the subject, yes the Scrambler is DEFINITELY the most anticipated ride for ME (and most of us) for 2015 since I've already made my down payment! :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The term 'L' came from the fact the cylinders are 90 degrees to each other. Other variations are all less than 90 therefor 'V'
The BMW is the extreme V twin at 180 degrees, maybe it could be called an I.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The BMW is the extreme V twin at 180 degrees, maybe it could be called an I.
More commonly referred to as a "flat twin"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm a subaru man, So I call it a flat twin boxer.
Boxer/flat, same thing.

Subaru, is a flat four.
Porsche, flat six.
BMW, flat twin.
Honda Goldwing, flat six
Honda PanEuropean, V four.
Ferrari, flat twelve. (back in the day)

Any out of line engine is a vee of some sort. Boxer etc. is just a pet/house-old name. So called because the pistons simulate a boxers arms punching, to my knowledge a BMW flat twin pistons go in and out at the same time which is not like a ring fighter at all, going in and out one at a time.

Horizontally opposed would be more accurate.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You could use the photo as an example if they were boxers in a ring and I don't think they're either.
looks like Wing Chun to me.
That's assuming you're trying to prove me wrong with my analogy of course.
Not trying to dis-prove your analogy , I've always asked the same thing. Why do they call it boxer? boxers don't box like that. But I like the term and the picture is funny to me. I like to imagine Mike Tyson punching like that.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Not trying to dis-prove your analogy , I've always asked the same thing. Why do they call it boxer? boxers don't box like that. But I like the term and the picture is funny to me. I like to imagine Mike Tyson punching like that.
Gotcha, yeah, just like we don't Dyson the carpet, we Hoover it with a Dyson. Buy a Tranny van from Citroen etc. House hold names.
We shouldn't get too pedantic about these wee things, we all know what they are. I think I'll invent a vee one.
Oh ! that would be a single., shit.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Lawl. Tranny van sounds dirty. I am guessing thats like a transit of some sort?

I get confused with all of these, as you call "house" names.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts