Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HAPPY ENDING BUT READ THE WHOLE THREAD - I ended up getting the original part to fit - after one hole was drilled larger to fit the bike.

Hey friends

I have a 2019 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer and I am planning a couple over night road trips in the summer.

I ordered a Ducati Rear Luggage Rack from the dealer (see below)

This is the model I bought: SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, Ducati Scrambler Rear Luggage Rack

The instructions were clear and the process seemed to be easy.

I just decided to throw the towel in on it as the holes, bolts seemed to off alignment by 1-2mm and I don't want to strip the threads.

I am disappointed that something from the manufacturer did not fit - anyone else out there run into the same issues?

I am taking it back to the dealer and will pay them to try and install it...

Kind of looking for any guidance...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea if this would fit a 2019 1100?
YES apparently Ducati has the Part Numbers flipped for the models. The wrong one I received with the "right" number would fit yours. If you order from the dealership, order both just in case and check them out. I am going to dealer tomorrow to get mine installed and will share pictures here.

I will share pictures of the WRONG one for my cafe - but would be right one for the 1100 >>> check the shipping label for part number.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
UPDATE: the pictures below are actually the best fit for the Cafe Racer - but the flange hole needed to be widened slightly to fit properly

This is the rear rack for an 1100 Scrambler - note the part number - which implies its the right one for the Cafe....but its not

The dealer just ordered both for the 1100 and Cafe again to see if it was a shipping error, but it looks to be a part labelling error at Ducati....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FINAL UPDATE

The rack I originally ordered was the closest fitting, and my local Ducati dealer drilled out the flange hole a little wider than the stock measurements and we made it work fine.

So the pictures above are the CORRECT ones for a Ducati Cafe Racer 2019

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a shot of where they drilled out one of the holes to make it fit.

NOTE the pic below has two bolts circled. The dealer drilled out the hole on the lower flange hole to allow the bolt and holt to align with the pre-drilled mounting holes on the seat frame.

THIS WAS A HEAD SCRATCHER for me as this was an original OEM part from Ducati.

REALLY LAME engineering TBH - but thankfully the dealer guys MacGuyver'd it for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
YES apparently Ducati has the Part Numbers flipped for the models. The wrong one I received with the "right" number would fit yours. If you order from the dealership, order both just in case and check them out. I am going to dealer tomorrow to get mine installed and will share pictures here.

I will share pictures of the WRONG one for my cafe - but would be right one for the 1100 >>> check the shipping label for part number.
Thanks! Mine should be here this week. I’ll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool - good luck, please note that your arms should not look like the ones in my photo - they should be straighter...

View attachment 45120
Just got my rack. It does not fit. It looks like it would fit on your bike fine. I have duel exhaust under my seat. The instructions look to be for the 800s. Mine is an 1100. I’m going to take it back to the dealer and see if there is something I’m missing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got my rack. It does not fit. It looks like it would fit on your bike fine. I have duel exhaust under my seat. The instructions look to be for the 800s. Mine is an 1100. I’m going to take it back to the dealer and see if there is something I’m missing.

DAMN....its pretty frustrating. If you want, have your dealer call Jason at Ducati Richmond at 604.370.0410 ext 103 and mention my name "Dean Guest" and Jason can tell your dealer how to order the right part.

Sorry to hear you got nailed by this too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ducati did not mess this up and you did get the rack for the 800. The issue here is that you got the rack for the 2015-2018 models and tried to fit it on your 2019 CR. The location of the mounting holes have changed in the 2019-2020 models and Ducati has released a revised design rack for those model years.

The correct part# for the 2019-2020 models rear rack is 96781281A.

I almost made a similar mistake when I ordered the Hepco Becker rear rack for my 2019 FT and came across two versions...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ducati did not mess this up and you did get the rack for the 800. The issue here is that you got the rack for the 2015-2018 models and tried to fit it on your 2019 CR. The location of the mounting holes have changed in the 2019-2020 models and Ducati has released a revised design rack for those model years.

The correct part# for the 2019-2020 models rear rack is 96781281A.

I almost made a similar mistake when I ordered the Hepco Becker rear rack for my 2019 FT and came across two versions...
Hey there, thanks for the note here.

Check the photo - they sent me the 281A part - and it did not fit - UNTIL the dealer widened the hole by 2mm by drilling it out.

BOTTOM LINE - if you have a 2019+ 800 cc Scrambler, Ducati does not have their parts situation sorted out YET

1 - 20 of 21 Posts