Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey there, thanks for the note here.

Check the photo - they sent me the 281A part - and it did not fit - UNTIL the dealer widened the hole by 2mm by drilling it out.

BOTTOM LINE - if you have a 2019+ 800 cc Scrambler, Ducati does not have their parts situation sorted out YET

View attachment 45207

My bad. I missed that picture and went by the link that you posted in the original message....

However, and correct me if I am wrong, the stock photo of part 96781281A looks to be different in design than the rack in the photos you posted, which aligns more (based on stock photo) with the design of the older rack.

If you agree then we can assume that Ducati messed up and sent you the older design in the wrong packaging.

Photo of 96781281A:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My bad. I missed that picture and went by the link that you posted in the original message....

However, and correct me if I am wrong, the stock photo of part 96781281A looks to be different in design than the rack in the photos you posted, which aligns more (based on stock photo) with the design of the older rack.

If you agree then we can assume that Ducati messed up and sent you the older design in the wrong packaging.

Photo of 96781281A:

Thats the one that fits the 1100 and NOT the 800 Cafe Racer

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
is it then not just a case of sourcing some different bolts (forgive me for stating the bleeding obvious! ;):p)
I bought a alibaba rack from eBay specifically for 2015-2018 Scramblers and gave up trying to make the 2018+ frame fit, there is no way it would unless I slotted the existing mounting holes. I'm putting it up on the classifieds.

·
Registered
Désert Sled 2020
2 Posts
hello, I have the possibility to buy the slc saddlebag supports from SW Motech, but that is the old reference. if I enlarge the holes and buy M10 screws do you think it is adaptable to a 2020 desert sled model? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think if you have some basic fabrication skills and some tools or access to tools it should not be too difficult I bought a rack from a local crowd that manufactures them. The confirmed it was for a 2020 Scrambler but... Measured it all up and enlarged the holes to take 10 mm bolts and all was fine. Frustrating, but doable.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts