Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is Italian!

I think you might be right on there. Have you ridden on that tire before? Looks like it could be a good compromise between dirt and street
...last dirt tires I rode were a dunlop 4.00-18/3.00-21 combo on a '76 yamaha XT500...good vibrations

·
Registered
16 Posts
hopefully they do go with a well known Dual Sport tire. My Sport came with the Pirelli Phantom look-alikes on it....they looked cool, but were the worst tires I've ever ridden on as far as performance goes. Id hate to see the bike suck out of the box because of a tire choice.

....good news is thats easy to fix :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
going from what I've seen, looks like one model is going to get the Angel ST and the other looks like a Pirelli MT60....but we won't know for sure until later.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Confirmed they come with the Pirelli MT60's. My question is about front tire replacement... besides replacing with another OEM Pirelli, what other front tire (dual sport) options are there in the less common 110/80R-18 size? I'm preferrably looking for something more aggressive

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the Ducati scrambler concept from Ducati Thailand, sporting the scorpion series, loosing the front fender to accommodate a much taller tire on the factory 18 wheel.
Where do I find these tires!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
I posted info on those tires in this thread here: Tyres or Tires?

Here is the post:

I was doing some investigating on the tires pictured above by finding a higher res image and trying to read the tires. They are Pirelli Scorpion MT21 Rallycross tires.

The front is OEM 110/80-18 size, and is a "rear" just like the TKC80 "front" tire, and can be had cheap in the US ($92 from Revzilla). Zooming in it's hard to read, but I think rear size in that pic is a 150/70-17. However, you can also get a 170/60-17 size (for $184 from HERE), which is only 1cm narrower than stock, so I think would work fine on the factory wheel for hitting the dirt.

For a US customer, this is currently cheaper than the TKC80 route, for which you can get the front for $166 shipped internationally on eBay, and the rear for $180 shipped. I don't know if they are as good of a tire or how long they last, but it's another option.​

·
Registered
619 Posts
BUMP, What tires, or tyres is everyone running. I am trying to decide if I want to go to street tires and buy an enduro or something or if I want something more aggressive for dirt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts